News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello!

I´d like to show you Hindenburg at a visit at Feldflieger-Abt. 14 in 1916.

We also see an austrian and a turkish officer. The austrian is from a Landwehrgebirgs unit. He also wears an Edelweiß.

The man with the tschako probably has shoulder boards from a Telegraphen unit (T) and the Ulan wears probably a 9.

Do you agree? Who could be the observer?

Thanks a lot!595867da6139c_Scannen0001-Kopie.thumb.jpg.91703b388b859b0c519b66869efef731.jpg

Scannen0001 - Kopie (4).jpg

Scannen0001 - Kopie (5).jpg

Scannen0001 - Kopie (6).jpg

Scannen0001 - Kopie (7).jpg

Scannen0002.jpg

• 5 months later...

The Prussian : Pioniere ,or flieger,or railway, more improbably,Garde Artillery, The uhlan officer wears M15 bluse with lancer cap and carries a type of sabre not common. to me what appears on his shoulder board is an L. the man with tschako to me is a Garde jaeger.

In General...

ive seen only a few photos of Flieger majors and it seems most commanders were Captains. I would think there should have been several field grade officers commanding by 1916.

Charles,

although wartime appointments are not shown, the 1918 Prussian army seniority list details the active field officers of the Luftstreitkräfte as follows:

2 X Oberstleutnant (Thomsen and Siegert)

and 17 majors.

Wartime appointments are not given. Presumably a tiny handful of reserve/Landwehr can be added but the promotion of these officers to field rank was still relatively rare even in wartime.

The 1919 list shows an increase although those officer already retired and of course fatalities since the previous year are no longer listed:

1 Oberst (Thomsen)

1 Oberstleutnant (Siegert)

and 25 majors.

Regards

Glenn

Thanks Glenn, I’m glad you could answer this question and it’s a few more than I imagined.

20 hours ago, Glenn J said:

Charles,

although wartime appointments are not shown, the 1918 Prussian army seniority list details the active field officers of the Luftstreitkräfte as follows:

2 X Oberstleutnant (Thomsen and Siegert)

and 17 majors.

Wartime appointments are not given. Presumably a tiny handful of reserve/Landwehr can be added but the promotion of these officers to field rank was still relatively rare even in wartime.

The 1919 list shows an increase although those officer already retired and of course fatalities since the previous year are no longer listed:

1 Oberst (Thomsen)

1 Oberstleutnant (Siegert)

and 25 majors.

Regards

Glenn