News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

2 new pics - bavarian General (who is he?)/ bravery medal

Hello again!

Here we have 2 "bavarian" pics, i recently got.

Can somebody help to ID the bavarian General on pic # 1 ?

He wears the IC, bavarian MMO on his neck & star. I think it`s a pic with his staff.

The pic was taken in bavaria.

# 2 was taken in Freising. It shows a group of veterans. The NCO in the middle wears his bar in a funny way (or it is a Frackbar)

On pos. 1 bavarian MMC 3rd class with X and crown, IC and on the last position the rare bavarian bravery medal (i don`t know if it is the silver or golden grade)

I had luck - the seller did not know the rarity of the pic (postcard) - Can we ID the units? Infanterists? Jäger????

On the left a guy who looks a bit like the last russian czar Nikolaus. lol..

Thanks again for help.

zähringer18.tif

zähringer22.tif

Edited by ixhs

Hello , The pic of a group of Bavarian soldiers and a few civilians is of wartime , there is not any officer in the pic . regarding to date the pic could be of end of 1914 or early 1915 . One man is a jaeger senior NCO , the others mostly infantrymen . one man wears What appears to be the uniform of the Leib Regiment .

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:15, ixhs said:

Hello again!

Here we have 2 "bavarian" pics, i recently got.

Can somebody help to ID the bavarian General on pic # 1 ?

He wears the IC, bavarian MMO on his neck & star. I think it`s a pic with his staff.

The pic was taken in bavaria.

# 2 was taken in Freising. It shows a group of veterans. The NCO in the middle wears his bar in a funny way (or it is a Frackbar)

On pos. 1 bavarian MMC 3rd class with X and crown, IC and on the last position the rare bavarian bravery medal (i don`t know if it is the silver or golden grade)

I had luck - the seller did not know the rarity of the pic (postcard) - Can we ID the units? Infanterists? Jäger????

On the left a guy who looks a bit like the last russian czar Nikolaus. lol..

Thanks again for help.

zähringer18.tif

zähringer22.tif

Hello,

Congratulations regarding these very nice photos.  The general appears to possibly be wearing a MMJO RK ribbon in his buttonhole.

Best regards,

• 3 weeks later...

Here i have another card. It was taken in Sausheim /Elsaß (Alsace; today France) in 1917.

I think the guys are musicians. But why the do not wear those Schwalbennester?

The guy in the middle wears a very large medal bar. Is it possible to ID him / the unit?

Under his medal bar he is wearing the IC. I think pos. 1 is a bavarian MMC without X.

The 2nd guy on the left seems to be a bavarian official. He wears the ribbon to the MMC for war merit ("Beamtenband")

Thanks for watching.

zähringer 21.tif

SDC11778.JPG

Edited by ixhs