News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Top Eight 1914 EK1

Graf

Hi Chris,,

I searched the market quite a bit and also the available information on internet

I found, so far, that this variation with brass frame does not come with a back plate??!!

All the  EKs I have seen from this variation are with the brass nut only

All of them do not show any signs that they ever had back plate The patina on all of them is quite even on the  reverse surface of the cross -including the cross I listed

The silver frame screw back  models come with two types of back plates -round and a cross like one (with one or two posts)

I discussed this topic on two more threads regarding the pillow back model

Interesting fact is that on two other forum sites where those crosses were discussed the owners of this variation sadly stated that their crosses were missing the back plate On both crosses that were listed  I did not noticed any signs for ever existing back plate  Both had this even patina on the reverse  surface

Unless more information is found I started to believe that this variation was with no back plate

015.JPG

011.JPG

Edited by Graf

Thank you

Here is a a nice Iron Cross grouping to a Bulgarian general Stefan Popoff (Popov)

Both crosses are marked 800 Not rare however the Documents are It is a big grouping including the General School Certificate from primary School Field letters to his wife and the Awarding Documents including congratulating letter

014.JPG

016.JPG

022.JPG

023.JPG

025.JPG