News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Modern Chinese Medals - Help ID

Austin_militaria

I have always seen three classes for the service medal. Never heard of if being 4 classes.

There was an ebay seller that gave odd description of a service medal he has as a Japanese/Taiwanese WWII Marshall medal. Had it for sale for several hundred dollars. Had a laugh with that one. Very common medals in Taiwan.

The others I think are organization medals. None of them look like government issued stuff. Close pictures would be better.

Looks like the others may be government civilian awards after all. I got the second one translated, if I have time, I will get the others translated. Hopefully somebody can get the others.

Second one is a ROC Ministry of Interior 中華民國內政部 medal. Medal seems to be a service medal, first class. 役政一等獎章

31 minutes ago, hc8604 said:

I have always seen three classes for the service medal. Never heard of if being 4 classes.

There was an ebay seller that gave odd description of a service medal he has as a Japanese/Taiwanese WWII Marshall medal. Had it for sale for several hundred dollars. Had a laugh with that one. Very common medals in Taiwan.

The others I think are organization medals. None of them look like government issued stuff. Close pictures would be better.

Thank you for the help.  Here are some closer pics. 

20191105_190644.jpg

20191105_190648.jpg

On 11/11/2019 at 23:33, hc8604 said:

I was just going by Chinese Wikipedia, which lists 1st, 2nd, 3rd and "Special" Classes:

服務獎章
    特(任职满四十年) 公教人员服务成绩优良者,于退休(职)、资遣、辞职或死亡时    
    1(任职满三十年)
    2(任职满二十年)
    3(任职满十年)

• 9 months later...

Oh yes, 1960s hat a lot of insignias and medals were anodized aluminum. The medals just had paint enamel, not that great looking. Right, prior and post were better. I think some current high rank issue medals are silver again.

I went back and checked, my uncle was awarded the 10yr medal in 1987. Too bad the govt stopped matching medal number on the certificate.. the medals and certificates have different serial numbers.