News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Double Dragon 2nd Class

Austin_militaria

It should be third class, second grade. The second class has coral in the middle too and has a different design for the neck version. Third class has the blue glass and should all be neck awards, even though its quite large.

Maybe somebody felt it was too big and heavy to be worn on the neck and had a jeweler create a smaller version. I have seen several examples where some of these were converted to breast stars because they are really big lol. Chinese medals were kind of crude overall. The enameling is quite the artwork though. 

The enamelling of the dragons' eyes are a nice touch. Another way to identify the third class is the blue enamelling of the centre medallion. 

European-manufactured Second Type Double Dragons are sometimes encountered but very few have makers' marks on them. My favourite are the Bacqueville ones with green enamelling.