Sign in to follow this  
Masurian's daughter

Serbian WW2 War Medal Identification Help

My grandma at 15 fought for the Yugosla Partisans during WW2 in Serbia, she never told us about this period of her life, after the war she ran a female orphanage pictured in the black and white photo with her uniform. She was included in several WW2 parades thrown by the Serbian government. That's really the extent of my information on her, would love any help in identifying the medals and maybe were to look for more information!

Mamino ordenje15.JPG

Mama u uniformi.jpg

On the left side there are two Orders of Bravery, Medal of Bravery and star of the Order of Republic (the class is impossible to tell with that resolution). On the right side there is the medal "Freedom to People - Death to Fascism", the medal "10 Years of Yugoslav Army" and two Russian commemorative medals for WWII. On the jacket lapel there is the Order of Labour, most probably 3rd class. The two remaining medal are too indistinct to tell.

Thank you for sharing your grandma's history with us!

Here's her medals, there are some that I can't identify but I'm sure they are related to association of fighters.

2113163747_Maminoordenje15.JPG.63e6162c6ad55c6d7d30ef6866cbdccc.jpg.6fed71667f90db9fff775493190b1436.jpg

1 - ?
2 - Russian medal for 65 Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War
3 - 10 years of Yugoslav People's Army
4 - Russian medal for 50 Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War
5 - This medal was originaly awarded to foreigners in Yugoslav Partisans but it was later given by SUBNOR (association of fighter) so your grandma received it from them
6 - Order of Labour with Silver Wreath (3rd class) 
7 - Order for Bravery
8 - Medal for Bravery
9 - ?
10 - Order for Bravery 
11 - Order of Republic with Bronze Wreath (3rd class)

On 11/03/2020 at 04:39, Masurian's daughter said:

Mama u uniformi.jpg

Is your grandma the one in uniform and medals? If so, she's wearing an Order for Bravery and Medal for Bravery(from left to right). Also, by the insignia, we can tell that she was a political officer in the rank of potporučnik (2nd Lieutenant) if I'm seeing it right. 

I can’t tell.  Does she have these on her jacket? 

AE7E4EAB-69BB-42FA-B591-3A242D5A7D79.jpeg

3 hours ago, Paul R said:

I can’t tell.  Does she have these on her jacket? 

Only Medal for Bravery.