News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Last Picture

Thanks guys, Look forward to any and all input.

Dan

Hi!

Thank you for posting the detailed photos of this wonderful tunic! Despite the tragic mouse attack, it is still a very attractive and collectable piece! The Secondary waffenfarbe is a nice one as well.

In Accordance with what is written in vol 2 of "Uniforms and Traditions of the Luftwaffe" by John Angolia, page 13

The uniform could have belonged to an Oberfeldwebel in the:

1. Photo Service

2. Motor Transpost Service

3. Ordnance Servcie

4. Weapons and Ammunition Service

5. Technical Aircraft Service

6. Cartographic Service

or

7. Lithographic Service.

I have only seen one other untouched admin tunic and it bore the same waffenfarbe yet it was ranked for a Hauptman(or some other junior officer ranking). Very nice tunic! Do you have any history on it? The eagle is hand applied, but based upon my experience, this particular job could have been done during the war. Regardless, I love that tunic.

Thanks for all the Comments Paul, And yes it is sad about the Mosue nips.

AS for history sorry I wish i had some.

Ill post pics of my others aswell for you.

Dan

Thank you again! I will look forward to seeing the other tunics!

REgards

Paul

Fl. Gr. L'Feld is Fliegergruppe Lechfeld. Lechfeld is near Augsburg and was an Me-262 base during the war. It's still in use today by the Bundesluftwaffe. The marking you thought was LOL05 is actually LBA 35, LBA being Luftwaffe Bekleidungsamt (Air Force clothing depot) and 35 is 1935.

Edited by Gene

• 4 months later...

Despite the mousing, I bet that it would still display very well and not be that noticable. I find the fact that the piping around the collar is the early blue/silver and the tabs are the later green/silver, interesting. :beer:

• 1 year later...