Sign in to follow this  
POWCollector

Notice of the passing of a member

Dear all,

It is with sadness that I am reporting the passing of Audrey Portman of Rhino Research who was a long-standing member of this forum.

Sadly, Audrey passed away in March from a tumour. Audrey did some stellar work as a researcher at the South African Archives and helped me immensely to uncover some interesting documents and stories which I have been able to bring to life on my posts about POW medal groups that I own.

She was very professional and a charming lady to do business with.

Audrey’s daughter, Diana, is continuing her mother’s legacy and is still contactable at the Rhino Research email. 

She will be greatly missed but I look forward to working with Diana in the future.

I had only minimal contact with Audrey, but when I did she was prompt and courteous and helpful.  A sad loss to her family and this extended community.  R.I.P.

More sad news. RIP Audrey

Thanks for the update. 

I had no contact at all to Audrey, but its always sad to loose a great historian. RIP Audrey. 

I also haven't known Audrey but it's always sad to hear someone from our field of interest go.

May she rest in peace and my condolences to her family!

I have had some dealings with Audrey as well her daughter and are very sorry to hear at her passing

RIP