News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi John,

What you have there is a commander?s vehicle flag (Stabsflaggen) for regiment/squadron level. I?ll have to do some digging into the (green) branch/squadron colour, but my first thought is that it?s one of the ?Beamte? (Administration) units.

Thanks,

I hope to find additional information - The one I posted was from Hermann Historica and has the following discription. As for the one linked by GaryB I am the guy who bought it. My only concern is at least one person at another forum feels the size and metal attachments are incorrect... I am still a bit confused as I do not have any reference material to guide me.

f?r Regimentskommandeure eines Infanterie Regiments der Felddivsion oder der Division "Hermann G?ring", aus schwarzer Baumwolle mit horizontalem, dunkelgr?nem Mittelstreifen. Beidseitig eingestickter, wei?er Luftwaffenadler mit grau abgesetztem Gefieder. Innenseitiger Metallrahmen mit zwei Befestigungshaken. Korrodiert, angeschmutzt. Ca. 39 x 24 cm

John,

Try the Collectors Guild website. He has some pretty good descriptions of items and pictures. I go there many times just to read and learn from his descriptions. I am not sure of any books on the subjet, but will look thru my references.

Gary B

Thanks,

I hope to find additional information - The one I posted was from Hermann Historica and has the following discription. As for the one linked by GaryB I am the guy who bought it. My only concern is at least one person at another forum feels the size and metal attachments are incorrect... I am still a bit confused as I do not have any reference material to guide me.

Hello John,

I have an identical one, tag and all, a direct wartime bringback from a veteran whom resides in my town. Mine is black/yellow/black, colors for the flying units.

ERIC

[attachmentid=35684]

Eric THANKS for the pictures and from what you have said I do not think I have to worry about it being a reproduction.

The flag arrived today - here are some detail shots I took. The paper tag reads "Fahnen-Kreisel Auftrag 12" The flag itself (not incl the metal frame is 15 1/4 inches long and 9 1/2 wide.

Does your paper tag read the same? Additionally does yours have a stiched seem around the edge of the metal frame?

Best Regards,

John

Hi John,

The tag is identical, although the number written on it is different - mine has a #35 on it. The stitched seam is also present on my example as well. Here is a shot of the tag, top hardware, and stitching. I believe this pic is sufficient to show all three.

ERIC

[attachmentid=35749]

Eric thanks for the extra picture! Do you have yours on display if so how? I am trying to think of the best way to display mine and keep it protected.

BTW guys thanks for the kind words!

Cheers

John

Edited by John Cooper

Dear John,

I saw that pennant and thought about getting it even though it is outside my field of collecting. I think pennants are a great buy. Quite rare and beautiful craftsmanship! And for a field unit too boot!

Again congrats!

Gary B

Eric thanks for the extra picture! Do you have yours on display if so how? I am trying to think of the best way to display mine and keep it protected.

Cheers

John

QUOTE(John Cooper @ Apr 23 2006, 02:09 )

Cheers

John

Hi John,

I keep mine in a large, deep riker case lying on a blue fabric backround, placed inside one of my showcases. Nothing fancy but it looks good!

I too wish to thank you fellas for the compliments on our stabsflaggen!

ERIC

I would be inclined to say that it's for a infantry Regimental Commander in one of the Field Div's, as that was the branch color for the Rifle unit's. Golden yellow was for Recce or Bicycle Units in the Field Divisions

Edited by Laurence Strong

Thanks for the information - I was given so many different directions from the HG division to Air Filed Defense units....

I would be inclined to say that it's for a infantry Regimental Commander in one of the Field Div's, as that was the branch color for the Rifle unit's. Golden yellow was for Recce or Bicycle Units in the Field Divisions

Thanks for the information - I was given so many different directions from the HG division to Air Filed Defense units....

I have just looked them up, and Larry is correct.

Nice Pennant!