News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am sorry, Germany is not in my interest, but I need to decipher the abbreviations of the decorations in the appendix. I understand the last abbreviation should be  Austrian Order of the Iron Crown 3rd Class. Maybe there is a list of abbreviations somewhere on this forum, but that's the amount of information that's hard to find something. Thanks for the help.

b_mohn.jpg

Dear Bilylev,

My abbreviationskills aren't great either, but if I'm not mistaken he has a johanniter-orden, Prussian Crown Order 2nd class, EK1, Order of Albrecht the Bear commanderscross, Zähringen Löwe commanderscross, Bavarian Military Merit Order 2nd class, Order of Henry the Lion commanderscross, Hessian Philipsorden, Greifenorden commanderscross, Prussian Order of the Red Eagle 3rd class, Hohenzollern Ehrenkreuz commanderscross, Albrechtsorden 1st class. Order of the White Falcon 1st class, I don't know the last 7 abbreviations.

You are correct, ÖEK3 is the Austrian Order of the Iron Crown.

Hope this is a helpful beginning, kind regards, Laurentius

This is from a Württemberg rank list, so the list begins with his decorations from that kingdom. The three icons at the beginning of the list are the Order of the Württemberg Crown (2c means the pinback Honor Cross), the Friedrich-Order (2b is the Commander's Cross), and the Württemberg Dienstehrenzeichen 1. Klasse, the officer's long service decoration. 

Also he added these decorations during the war: the Knight's Cross of the Württemberg Military Merit Order, the Commander's Cross with Swords of the Order of the Württemberg Crown, the Star and Swords to his Friedrich Order Commander's Cross, the Prussion Red Eagle Order 2nd Class with Swords and Iron Cross 1st and 2nd Class, the Braunschweig War Merit Cross 2nd Class, the Hamburg Hanseatic Cross, the Hessen-Darmstadt General Honor Decoration "For Bravery", the Saxon Albrecht-Orden Commander 1st Class with Swords, and the Waldeck Merit Cross 1st Class with Swords.