News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Breast Star of Char. Vizeadmiral Hermann Alberts

What is the Breast Star he is wearing above the Breast Star of the Kronen Orden 2. Klasse?

Could it be the Großherzoglich Oldenburgischen Haus- und Verdienstorden des Herzogs Peter Friedrich Ludwig? If yes, which class? Perhaps Großkreuz, because he is wearing a sash?

Again, nothing in the Rangliste.

Thanks

71494086_1327042784135631_5699508269937065984_n - Copy.jpg

Sash looks like the GK des M-S Greiffenordens to me. Not an unusual award for Naval officers of flag rank. Pic is too blurry to make out the star, but it might be of the same order. The Oldenburg Hausorden GK sash would in my view look different in b/w. 

Kind regards,

Sandro

c18-031540.jpg

220px-Oldenburg_Lint_en_ster.jpg

On 22/10/2020 at 11:51, GdC26 said:

Sash looks like the GK des M-S Greiffenordens to me. Not an unusual award for Naval officers of flag rank. Pic is too blurry to make out the star, but it might be of the same order. The Oldenburg Hausorden GK sash would in my view look different in b/w. 

Hello Sandro. Today I was compiling the list of awards of Vizeadmiral Wilhelm Schack.

On his portrait photo we can see he was awarded the Honour Grand Cross of the Oldenburg House and Merit Order of Peter Friedrich Ludwig. See the sash, circled breast star and cross at the end of the sash.

In my opinion, Char. Vizeadmiral Hermann Alberts that we discussed above, is wearing the same sash and breast star as Schack. I believe that Alberts is then also wearing the Honour Grand Cross of the Oldenburg House and Merit Order of Peter Friedrich Ludwig and not the GK des M-S Greiffenordens like you suggested before. The sashes look exactly the same in black and white. Do you agree?

Regards

122978175_388760595490964_3735492421825082546_n - Copy.jpg

00383q00.jpg

Edited by Kriegsmarine Admiral

4 hours ago, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

Hello Sandro. Today I was compiling the list of awards of Vizeadmiral Wilhelm Schack.

On his portrait photo we can see he was awarded the Honour Grand Cross of the Oldenburg House and Merit Order of Peter Friedrich Ludwig. See the sash, circled breast star and cross at the end of the sash.

Quite possible, given the construction of the crown suspension. The pic again is of poor quality, and I would expect the blue field to come out differently in B/W. But the construction of the suspension suggests you are correct.

In my opinion, Char. Vizeadmiral Hermann Alberts that we discussed above, is wearing the same sash and breast star as Schack. I believe that Alberts is then also wearing the Honour Grand Cross of the Oldenburg House and Merit Order of Peter Friedrich Ludwig and not the GK des M-S Greiffenordens like you suggested before. The sashes look exactly the same in black and white. Do you agree?

That is very much in the eye of the beholder, isn't it? The quality of both pics is poor, but the sash in hte Albert looks lighter to me. That said, yellow has a tendency to come out funny in B/W (check out pics of the Zentenarmedaille), so perhaps you are right. Why don't you convert the color pics I set out above to B/W and compare them to the Alberts pic? That may give better insights than trying to compare the colors on two low res poor quality B/W pics.

Just my 5cts.

Kind regards, 

Sandro

122978175_388760595490964_3735492421825082546_n - Copy.jpg

00383q00.jpg

Edited by GdC26

Unrelated, but I was going through my pics in an effort to help out another member an thought these might be of interest to you, Kriegsmarine Admiral.

Unfortunately, no names unless otherwise indicated.

Kind regards,

Sandro 

Originalbilder (137).jpg

Originalbilder (138).jpg

Originalbilder (350).jpg

Originalbilder (403).jpg

Originalbilder (408).jpg

Originalbilder (420).jpg

Originalbilder (422).jpg

Originalbilder (694).jpg

Originalbilder (748).jpg

Originalbilder (758).jpg

Originalbilder (795).jpg

Originalbilder (810).jpg

Originalbilder (812).jpg

Fotopostkarten Adel und Generäle (29).jpg

Fotopostkarten Adel und Generäle (57).jpg

Fotopostkarten Adel und Generäle (64).jpg

Fotopostkarten Adel und Generäle (72).jpg

Fotopostkarten Adel und Generäle (121).jpg

Fotopostkarten Adel und Generäle (159).jpg

Fotopostkarten Adel und Generäle (259).jpg

Fotopostkarten Adel und Generäle (394).jpg

Fotopostkarten Adel und Generäle (451).jpg

Fotopostkarten Adel und Generäle (553).jpg

Fotopostkarten Adel und Generäle (563).jpg

Fotopostkarten Adel und Generäle (564).jpg

Fotopostkarten Adel und Generäle (701).jpg

Fotopostkarten Adel und Generäle (703).jpg

4 hours ago, GdC26 said:

Unrelated, but I was going through my pics in an effort to help out another member an thought these might be of interest to you, Kriegsmarine Admiral.

Sandro, thank you very much for this! You have some great photos in your collection!

It's unfortunate not all admirals on the photos are named. I will try and ID the ones I recognize. Do I have your permission to post these photos on other forums, in hopes someone will be able to help us ID them?

Please let me know.

Regards

P.S. Could you please repost this one (below) so the whole photo is visible?

450989776_Originalbilder(812).jpg.362ebc142b3efeb7ba18cc69ae6d68c1.jpg

3 hours ago, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

Sandro, thank you very much for this! You have some great photos in your collection!

It's unfortunate not all admirals on the photos are named. I will try and ID the ones I recognize. Do I have your permission to post these photos on other forums, in hopes someone will be able to help us ID them?

Please let me know.

Regards

Pleasure, and yes, please go ahead. The pic above is a cut out of the pic that immediately precedes it in my posting. I posted it because it shows the decorations a bit better.

Kind regards, 

Sandro

18 minutes ago, GdC26 said:

Pleasure, and yes, please go ahead. The pic above is a cut out of the pic that immediately precedes it in my posting. I posted it because it shows the decorations a bit better.

Kind regards, 

Sandro

I see. But could you post the full photo again in better quality like this cut out? The full photo is a bit grey and blurry.

4 hours ago, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

Please let me know.

Regards

These are the pics I have on file Kriegsmarine Admiral. The admiral is Funke, and his awards are relatively clear in the cut out. I think I posted a further pic of Funke as well, so between these two pics, quite a lot of research should be possible. 

Kind regards, 

Sandro

25 minutes ago, GdC26 said:

These are the pics I have on file Kriegsmarine Admiral. The admiral is Funke, and his awards are relatively clear in the cut out. I think I posted a further pic of Funke as well, so between these two pics, quite a lot of research should be possible. 

Kind regards, 

Sandro

I understand. Thank you once again.

Regards

Karlo

• 2 weeks later...
    On 06/11/2020 at 18:29, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

These are great. Thank you!

Regards

Karlo

Dear Mr. Karlo,A few days ago I saw a photo of the German navy that you posted to get the breast star order from Orange-Nassau  in the Netherlands. I didn’t save it. I can’t find that article. Can you? Send me again?

1 hour ago, 1812 Overture said:

Dear Mr. Karlo,A few days ago I saw a photo of the German navy that you posted to get the breast star order from Orange-Nassau  in the Netherlands. I didn’t save it. I can’t find that article. Can you? Send me again?

I'm not sure what photo you mean, but try and look here: https://gmic.co.uk/topic/77098-char-admiral-gustav-schmidt-medal-bar-id/

Char. Admiral Gustav Schmidt had the breast star of the Oranien-Nassau.

• 4 months later...
    On 05/11/2020 at 09:44, GdC26 said:

Kind regards,

Sandro

Hello Sandro,

I was finally able to identify all the admirals on your photos. Here are the ID's, in the order you posted them:

Char. Admiral Max Rollmann

Char. Admiral Max Rollmann (the zoom-in of the photo above)

Vizeadmiral Wilhelm Schack

Admiral Ludwig von Schröder

Admiral Friedrich Graf von Baudissin

Admiral Ludwig von Schröder

Char. Konteradmiral Otto Herbig

Admiral Friedrich von Ingenohl

Vizeadmiral Leo Jacobson

Großadmiral Hans von Koester

Admiral August von Thomsen

Char. Vizeadmiral Felix Funke

Char. Vizeadmiral Felix Funke (close-up of the medals)

Großadmiral Hans von Koester

Admiral Georg Alexander von Müller

Admiral Hugo von Pohl

Admiral Guido von Usedom

Großadmiral Alfred von Tirpitz

Admiral Ludwig von Schröder and Admiral Paul Behncke

Großadmiral Alfred von Tirpitz

Char. Vizeadmiral Felix Funke

Char. Admiral Ludwig von Reuter

Admiral Reinhard Scheer

Char. Admiral Victor Valois

Char. Vizeadmiral Hugo von Schuckmann