News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Heeresbergführer-abzeichen

Dear fellow collectors,

I was wondering if it was possible to find out whether Generalfeldmarschall Wilhelm Ritter von Leeb received the Heeresbergführer-abzeichen? Given his advanced age I wasn't sure if he received it. All help is appreciated.

Kind regards, Laurentius

You are very welcome. I looked at a few more pictures, and that seems to be him. Here another picture with the Heeresbergführer-Abzeichen hanging loosely from von Leeb's right pocket. 

Generalfeldmarschall Ritter von Leeb.JPG

I have always wondered, and maybe you know, why did Generalfeldmarschälle sometimes wear the General-Kragenspiegel and sometimes ones like in this picture? Thank you!

Hi Deutschritter,

"... why did Generalfeldmarschälle sometimes wear the General-Kragenspiegel and sometimes ones like in this picture?"

Those Generalfeldmarschälle were also Colonel-in-Chief of a regiment, and they could wear the Marschall collar tabs or the regimental collar tabs.

Uwe