Private from Brunswick Artillery Regiment 46

For my library I recently acquired a book on the Kings German Legion printed 1906. As a nice surprise I did found this photo between the pages of the book. It shows a private from the artillery regiment 46 in an old polrock. I am not sure if the seller was aware of this photo, but I like it. Sadly the guy doesn't show any decorations, but photos of an artillery man are pretty rare, so I thought you may like it too.

Have a nice Saint Nicholas day 

PS: photo must have been taken before 1886.

wolfenbuettel.jpg

Edited by BlackcowboyBS
PS added

5 hours ago, GreyC said:

Hi blackcowboy,

nice photo. Cn you explain how you can see that he is from the artillery?

Best,

GreyC

Hey GreyC,

the fold on the collar tells you that he is from the artillery. 

7 hours ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

Hi, was there a practicle purpose for the braiding on the front of the tunic? Ithink the British Arty had it as well.

No the braiding is a style that the uniforms of the black troops of duke Friedrich Wilhelm, when he marched to the north sea in 1809. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Blog Comments

• As a theology student my professor, a much published former Naval chaplain, set us an essay, saying that if we could answer that successfully we would be guaranteed  a good degree "Which of the gospel writers was the biggest liar, discuss."   I got a good mark, but  don't want to be burned for heresy.   P
    • As my father used to say: "Tain't so much Pappy's a liar - he just remembers big."  
    • Brian: First, let me say that I always enjoy reading your blog and your "spot on" comments.  Another fine topic with such a broad expansion into so many different facets.  I had watched this a week or two ago and when reading your blog, it reminded me of this great quote.   There is a great video on the origins of "Who was Murphy in Murphy's Law"   Anyway, about mid way through this video, there is this great quote and I think it sums it up quite well to your statem
    • I've received word from the Curator that she has permission to re-open this summer.   We're already making plans for a November event at the Museum.   Michael
    • I recall I did the same on hot days at Old Fort York back in 1973-74 - wool uniforms, and at 90F they would let you take your backpack off.   Michael