News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I was lucky enough to pick up this very interesting jacket named to Hauptman Taubner and dated August 1914. Taubner survived WWI and reached the rank of Oberstleutant at leaving the service. Following Reichsheer and early Wehrmacht regulations for wear of uniforms of retired personeel, the jacket was modified with white piping and dress insignia (after the post WWI change from red to white for infantry) and had the collar replaced with the lighter green RH colored wool. Later the WH eagle was added.  Does anyone happen to have additional information on Taubner? I have the Rangliste info with him in IR 26 but could not find much else in Ancestry etc. Thank you! 7d5891e5-f64b-4139-865b-6fc8dfd41a91.thumb.JPG.e4f87b643194afeb691febe1a958c5c9.JPG

1d53e339-68d1-46d6-a405-71588a3d662f.JPG

Edited by Johnny R

Johnny,

interesting conversion. The name is actually Teubner. Arnold Teubner was born in Neu-Ruppin on 19 August 1874 and was and was a former cadet. He was commissioned into Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 97 on 17 March 1894 as a Sekonde-Lieutenant (Leutnant). Promoted to Oberleutnant on 19 May 1903, he was transferred to the naval infantry on 1 October 1904 as assigned to the 1. Seebataillon. He returned to the army with effect 1 December 1908 as an Oberleutnant in Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 143 where he was promoted to Hauptmann on 27 January 1911. His last pre-war assignment was to Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 26 as the commander of the 3rd company, to which he was transferred on 21 April 1911. Promoted to Major on 25 November 1916. He retired as a Major on 22 November 1919 with permission to wear the regimental uniform. Presumably characterised as an Oberstleutnant at some later date.

Regards

Glenn

2 minutes ago, Glenn J said:

Johnny,

interesting conversion. The name is actually Teubner. Arnold Teubner was born in Neu-Ruppin on 19 August 1874 and was and was a former cadet. He was commissioned into Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 97 on 17 March 1894 as a Sekonde-Lieutenant (Leutnant). Promoted to Oberleutnant on 19 May 1903, he was transferred to the naval infantry on 1 October 1904 as assigned to the 1. Seebataillon. He returned to the army with effect 1 December 1908 as an Oberleutnant in Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 143 where he was promoted to Hauptmann on 27 January 1911. His last pre-war assignment was to Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 26 as the commander of the 3rd company, to which he was transferred on 21 April 1911. Promoted to Major on 25 November 1916. He retired as a Major on 22 November 1919 with permission to wear the regimental uniform. Presumably characterised as an Oberstleutnant at some later date.

Regards

Glenn

Fantastic Glenn!

Retiring at 45.... wow.... I have to wait until I am 67!

Thats highly interesting!!!!

years ago I've met his grandson.

Old Army LtCol Arnold Teubner survived WW2 and lived at least until the 60ies/70ies.

His son Achim joined the Navy and became Commander. KIA in 1945, had a great part in sinking the "HMS Glorious" in WW2. 

His grandson Joachim joined the German Air Force and became a LtCol too. Retired around 2002.

2nd pic, the nice chap on the left side:

https://www.noz.de/lokales/lingen/artikel/1581328/luftwaffenmusikkorps-muenster-in-der-klosterkirche-thuine

So 3 Generations, in 3 different branches, all reached the same rank :-)

Have to look, if I still have some pics somewhere.

Best,

Daniel

Hello Glenn and Dave, thank you very much for the information. The mispelling of the name is a grey matter issue as I was researching the correct spelling on ancestry but did not have the first mane or DOB. He is listed as Oberst Lt. a.D in the Honor Rangliste from the 1920s. Thank you for the DOB and first name. As to the article from the Osnabruck paper, too bad I cannot go back in time as I was stationed near Munster (Werl) in the 1980s. I would love to find a period photo of the elder Teubner.