News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Ribbon on Soviet Bar

Hello, Can anyone identify the fourth ribbon on this Soviet ribbon bar?  At first I thought it might be a Medal of Nakhimov, but then realized that its position (order of precedence) on the bar isn't correct.     

This is what I am reading:

- Order of the Red Star

- Soviet Armed Forces 70 yr Jubilee Medal 
    - 10 yr Service Medal
    - Unknown Ribbon
    - Grateful Afghan People Medal

Thanks

Soviet Ribbon Bar .jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Nick, sorry for the delay,  I didn't get a notification that there was a reply.  I don't think that it is an Order of Service to the Homeland 3cl due to its order of precedence on the ribbon bar, but I do like the possibility that its a Czech medal.  Thank you for your time and effort!

Let's think logically. The commemorative Czechoslovak medal for 25 and 30 years of physical education with three stripes was issued in 1978.

On the presented bar there is no ribbon of the medal "60 years of the Soviet Army", that is, this year he was neither an officer nor an ensign.

The bar was assembled after May 15, 1988.

Yes, it is possible to assume that the cavalier served on the territory of Czechoslovakia in the period from 1976 to 1980 and for participating in some competitions he was suddenly awarded a ministerial civil medal, but there are a lot of" minus signs " for this version. Even a lot. I know the Soviet Army. ))))

Soldiers were awarded very rarely, and the Czechs were not enthusiastic after the Germans and the Russians taught them to order, and the awarding of a civilian medal for the development of sports in Czechoslovakia to a Soviet conscript. Nonsense.

Then the cavalier served in the OKSV DRA as an ensign or officer, where he received the Red Star, 10 years of service and the medal of 1988. Then they issued the badge established on 28.12.1988 "

Вовка.jpg