News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I'm looking for more information about these german miniatures

Hello Everyone,

I recently bought these miniatures and I was hoping that anyone could help me with this. German medals are really not my area. They all came together. is there any way to identify who the belonged to? Any information about what class these are is welcome! 

Thanks you very much!

186491509_1876766725818465_4739832514332748761_n.jpg

OK, starting from upper left, you have a Turkish War medal, upper left is a Wuerttemberg Friedrich Order First Class with Swords, upper right a Baden Zaehringer Lion Order First Class with Swords and Oakleaf, far right an Iron Cross, to the left in the middle a Prussian Hohenzollern House Order Knight with Swords, to the lower left of that a Schwarzburg Honour Cross Third Class with Swords, then to the right a Bulgarian Military Merit Order with Swords (class?), lower right a Hessen General Honour Medal, middle lower a Lippe-Detmold Military Merit Cross Second Class and finally a Saxony-Meiningen War Merit Cross. Very nice group of decorations to a (probably) Major or equivalent, and possibly identifiable.

nice group!!!

please keep it together.

The combination can be attributed to Johannes Otto Franz NONN, born 1882, started WW1 as 1st Lt in Field Artillery regiment 63, served then in different General Staff positions, ended as Major.

no spectacular prominent figure, but still a well decorated guy.

Best,

Daniel

7 minutes ago, Daniel Krause said:

nice group!!!

please keep it together.

The combination can be attributed to Johannes Otto Franz NONN, born 1882, started WW1 as 1st Lt in Field Artillery regiment 63, served then in different General Staff positions, ended as Major.

no spectacular prominent figure, but still a well decorated guy.

Best,

Daniel

War ja klar Daniel - dass du das wieder weißt;-) 

• 2 years later...
    On 16/05/2021 at 17:21, J_medailes said:

Any information about what class these are is welcome! Thanks you very much!

The major question has been answered, but fussy as we phalerists can be, there are some additions and corrections to be made: Nonn's Baden Zähringer Lion order was a knight's cross 2nd class with oak leaves and swords, and Lippe's Kriegsverdienstkreuz was no "second class" because it came in only one grade. The Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen from Hessen is certainly an issue for bravery, as could be read on the reverse... it is "Für Tapferkeit", right?