News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order for Service to the Motherland

• Replies 178
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intresting list Dave :beer:

Can anyone explain why these two 86497 and 106081 appear to be awarded on hte same day :unsure:

Order of Vicotry

This situation is true not only for "Service to Motherland" order, but for many other orders as well. Here is a very brief explanation.

Orders were given to recipients in their units. Certain groups of awards were sent to different Military Districts. For example Far Eastern Military district got the numbers from 20.000 to 25.000. At the same time North Caucasian Military District got the numbers from 35.000 to 40.000 and Kiev Military District received the ranges from 40.000 to 50.000. When the Award Decree came out (for example on February 23, 1980) all those districts issued the numbers from their ranges at the same time.

Same thing is for October Revolution, Friendship of Nations and other orders.

OK Dave! But first I want to post the highest number I've ever seen with a document. I'm not sure if it's original or not. The Decree data is the same as in Novruzov's orderbook. Serial numbers of both order and orderbook are pretty close to those in Novruzov's group. Could be real and could be fake.

First page.

Many thanks Dave :beer:

Now we learned an important thing. Some "crabs" with 6-digit numbers were issued. Cool! Shevchenko's unit was located in Chita region. This region is on South-Eastern part of Russia and borders with China and Mongolia.

Edited by Mondvor