News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Show your Sweden miniatures

28 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Hi!

The Russian Tsar visited Stockholm in 1909 and many awards were handed out. So this could be to a NCO in the receiving regiment - one of the Stockholm regiments at the time.

Regards,

Stefan

Any year on the back of the Finnish red cross medal?

Could also have been a doctor serving in 1918 and then helping out the Finns in Sweden during WW2?

I'll see what I can find...

//Stefan

Hello Stefan. 
    No need for you to look it up. I have already ID it.  I’ll post the name when I get home. 

The NCO bar is most likely an officers bar with the order of sword replaced by the sign of the sword. I have the list of Lingiaden medals (third) so it is just a matter of time to find the name. 

Meanwhile...I compiled a list of NCO:s from Rulla 1922 that got the Russian silver medal. I hope it can help you match the Lingiaden medal later.

Rulla 1922
    I.1
    SAHLBERG, Ernst Leo; 1877-06-29; fanjunkare; SM, RS:tAOSM; Bat.adj., Vap.und.off.
    HÄÄGER, Martin; 1873-08-31; fanjunkare; SM, RS:tAOSM; Kfk, Tjänstgör i värnpl.sekt.
    PERSSON, Vilhelm Reinhold Eugén; fanjunkare; 1880-02-17; SM, RS:tAOSM; Reg.väbel, Kasernuud.off
    BECKMAN, Gustaf Valdemar; 1886-12-11; fanjunkare; A skm, RS:tAOSM; Fvex, 8. komp.
    FOGBERG, Oskar Alfred; 1869-05-22; fanjunkare (reserven); SM, RS:tAOSM.

I.2
    NYQUIST, Erik;1882-07-01; fanjunkare; R skm, Stockh sfb S M, RS:tAOSM; Suppl. i försv,väsendets lönenämnd, Kulspr.komp.
    ALMÉN, Karl Georg Sigfrid; 1880-06-08; fanjunkare (reserven); RS:tAOSM.

I.10
    JANSSON, Knut Gustaf; 1884-06-09; fanjunkare; RS:tStOSM; Kfk, Köksförest. å Malma hed.
    REHN, John Theodor; 1882-03-29; fanjunkare; RS:tStOSM; Sjukv.serg. o. sjukv.förr.und.off.
    FALK, Carl Johan; 1884-07-15; fanjunkare; RS:tStOSM; Bat.adj.
    ENGSTRÖM, Nils Theodor; 1881-02-04; sergeant; RS:tStOSM.

K.2
    CHRUZANDER, Axel; 1877-03-13; fanjunkare; SM, St s g, RS:tAOSM; Livskv.
    DAHLSTRÖM, Carl Oskar; 1888-11-27; sergeant; RS:tAOSM; Furageuppb.man
    STEN, Harry Alfred Edmund; 1889-03-12; sergeant; RS:tAOS M, Mil. idrm s, Idrm g; Vap.und.off.

//Stefan

6 hours ago, Stefan said:

Great Johan,

then I put my research on hold  🙂

Regards,

Stefan

My miniature bar did most likely belong to Yngve Hildebrand, dentist. 1895-1982.

image.jpeg.ca6191092a925d29a4cf1a4bddbdcd0c.jpeg

I found out this about Hildebrand...

HILDEBRAND, GUSTAF Yngve. Tandläkare, Lidingö. F. 15 jan. 95 i Jonsered (G. o. B.). Föräldrar: kassör Gustaf Svenson o. Anna Hildebrand. 
    Stud.ex. 13, CTH 14, tandläk.ex. 18, "Doctor of Dental Surgery" 20, försv. akad. avhandl. f. med. dr:s grad 31, div. stud. o. kurser i utl. 17-27. Sjukh, tandläk. Mounds Park Sanat. St. Paul 20, skoltandläk. Kungsholms folksk. Sthlm 22, ass. Tandläk.inst. 21-23, laborator sed. 25. Medl. red.nd f. Sv. tandläk.tidskr. 22-26; sekr. Sv. tandläk.sällsk. 25-26. 
    RNO, RVO (33), FFrK4kl.

Ref: Kungliga vasaorden 1944.

Hildebrand, Gustaf Yngve, Odont.D., Professor,
    KNO, RVO, KFinlLO, RFinlVROlkl, RNS:tOO1kl, FFrK4kl, 
    LFS, f. 95. (Lidingö.)
    (LFS = Ledamot av Fysiografiska sällskapet i Lund)

Ref: Ordenskalendern 1958/59

...so I guess it might still be open for further research?

Does the silver medal have any information on the back?

Cheers,

Stefan

That's him!

He received the Lion order and S:t Olav later in life, that's why they are not on this miniature bar. 

I went through a lot of different Rullor and he is a perfect match in 1950 (if I remember correctly, it could have been a earlier year). I still have not found any one else that fits. 

I would not bet my life on it but I am pretty sure it is his medals. 

The shooting medal is blank on the back.

The libertycross is verified with the list of crosses to Swedes and he got one with red cross. 

Aha, that's great that you got the red cross from a list. Is it from 1918 of WW2?

Otherwise I would have had a couple of runner's up for you  🙂

I found this text regarding his wife Emy (since they lived on Lidingö):

"Varje hemvärnsområde i landet har en egen fana, den tre tungade
    med hemvärnsemblemet i toppen. Som en erinran om att vår frihet
    endast kan bevaras, om alla i sann guds förtröstan möts för att
    trygga hemorten, brukar man de ponera sin f ana i hemkyrkan så
    också i Lidingö. Fanan överlämnades i Lidingö kyrkas vård den 26
    september 1943 och har sedan dess sin plats intill predikstolen.
    Vår fana tillkom genom en gåva av dåvarande kårchef en i Lidingö
    Lottakår, Emy Hildebrand. Den överlämnades till oss av prins
    Gustaf Adolf vid en hembygdsfest på Bredablicksberget
    valborgsmässoafton 1941.
    "

And another one:

"Den 9:e november 1939 var dåvarande rikslottachefen fru Maja Schmidt här ute på
    Lidingö. Hon klargjorde for oss en lottakårs arbetsuppgifter och hennes ord förklingade inte
    ohörda. Enhälligt beslöts av de 100 församlade Lidingö- kvinnorna a en lottakår skulle bildas på
    vår ö. Fru Emy Hildebrand blev kårens initiativrika och handlingskraftiga förste ordförande.
    "

//Stefan

1 hour ago, JohanH said:

I went through a lot of different Rullor and he is a perfect match in 1950 (if I remember correctly, it could have been a earlier year). I still have not found any one else that fits. 

Yes, I know that feeling  🙂

//Stefan

Here is another miniature bar.

To a Swede in Finland 1918 and one medal is for the conquest of Helsinki - not Tampere as one would think!

That leads us to that the man that got it most certainly served at the Swedish legation in Helsinki.

But as JohanH recognize above - the lists doesn't always fit the medal bar 🤬

My list of people that were there in Helsinki 1918 is so far:

Karl Sigurd Fredriksson af Ekström
    Nils Leon Jaenson
    Henrik Leonard Lagerlöf
    Knut Karl Folke Malmar

...but their decorations do not fit the one below. Some of the foreign orders can come from the nations that they helped out during 1918 in Helsinki or from a attache career after 1918.

So, any more suggestions?

Regards,

Stefan

unknown_1.jpg

unknown_1b.jpg

On 11/04/2023 at 20:05, Stefan said:

To a Swede in Finland 1918 and one medal is for the conquest of Helsinki - not Tampere as one would think!

That leads us to that the man that got it most certainly served at the Swedish legation in Helsinki.

Nils Leon Jaenson
    Henrik Leonard Lagerlöf
    Knut Karl Folke Malmar

...but their decorations do not fit the one below. Some of the foreign orders can come from the nations that they helped out during 1918 in Helsinki or from a attache career after 1918.

Regards,

Stefan

unknown_1.jpg

unknown_1b.jpg

That is a strange bar!

The position of the Vasa-order suggests a Swede. But the Finnish winterwar medal is of the type awarded to finnish citizens...

Could the Vasa order have been a replacement for the Italian Order of Saints Maurice and Lazarus? They share the same ribbon. 

But the winterwar medal still don't make sense if it is to a foreigner. 

If we assume that the first one is Italian, then all the others (except the last one) is in correct alphabetical order. 

Dannebrogorden before 1947 and S:t Olav orden before 1937.

Edited by JohanH

Don't forget that adhering to regulations was not as strict when it came to miniature bars...

Sometimes what was used was what the jeweller had.

Another anomaly:

There should be no rosette on the Dannebrog ribbon as there was only one knight class at that time, but there are many examples of recipients 'dressing up' the one-class knight class with a rosette.

On 12/04/2023 at 04:05, Stefan said:

Nils Leon Jaenson
    Henrik Leonard Lagerlöf
    Knut Karl Folke Malmar

Regards,

Stefan

unknown_1.jpg

unknown_1b.jpg

Lovely bar

• 1 month later...

Recent miniature bar. With the Ryttarolympiad 1956 commemorative medal awarded 323 times, Gustaf V jubileumsminnestecken II awarded 770 times and the Persian order of Homayoun by Arthus Bertrand (1925-).

Originally belonging to a military musician, thanks @JohanH

IMG_3844.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3854.jpg

4 hours ago, Jstrom said:

Recent miniature bar. With the Ryttarolympiad 1956 commemorative medal awarded 323 times, Gustaf V jubileumsminnestecken II awarded 770 times and the Persian order of Homayoun by Arthus Bertrand (1925-).

IMG_3844.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3854.jpg

The original owner was Nils Bertil Valdemar Wiklander. 

Musikdirektör and militärmusikinspektör. 

5 hours ago, Jstrom said:

IMG_3844.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3854.jpg

Excellent Mini Bar  Thanks

59 minutes ago, JohanH said:

The original owner was Nils Bertil Valdemar Wiklander. 

Musikdirektör and militärmusikinspektör. 

Excellent research and information

Edited by Graf

Little information about his career and photos

Bertil Wiklander (1909-1994) was musical director at Kungliga Svea flygflottiljs musikkår and later military musical inspector. In the opening ceremony of the equestrian events of the 1956 Olympics held in Stockholm, he led the music choirs of Västmanland, Svea and Södermanlands Kungliga flygflottiljer.

In 1958, six years after Sweden got its first military musical inspector Ille Gustafsson, Wiklander took the position, where he remained for at least eleven years. The highest position attainable in militärmusiken. He reached the rank of överstelöjtnant. In 1951 he composed ''åttonde flygflottiljen''

BertilWiklander.jpg.0bd746db326451d7521d6c9e49963b4a.jpg

Sveriges-musikdirektorer-2048x1326.thumb.jpg.24d5f2b0b57c09eb733e36afa489856e.jpg

Bertil Wiklander sitting down furthest to the left

315462_4340346795359_907515595_n.jpg.063aad2e481f37d6978a735a80dee496.jpg

Bertil Wiklander standing fifth from the left on the first row

On 03/06/2023 at 04:49, Jstrom said:

Little information about his career and photos

Bertil Wiklander (1909-1994) was musical director at Kungliga Svea flygflottiljs musikkår and later military musical inspector. In the opening ceremony of the equestrian events of the 1956 Olympics held in Stockholm, he led the music choirs of Västmanland, Svea and Södermanlands Kungliga flygflottiljer.

In 1958, six years after Sweden got its first military musical inspector Ille Gustafsson, Wiklander took the position, where he remained for at least eleven years. The highest position attainable in militärmusiken. He reached the rank of överstelöjtnant. In 1951 he composed ''åttonde flygflottiljen''

BertilWiklander.jpg.0bd746db326451d7521d6c9e49963b4a.jpg

Sveriges-musikdirektorer-2048x1326.thumb.jpg.24d5f2b0b57c09eb733e36afa489856e.jpg

Bertil Wiklander sitting down furthest to the left

315462_4340346795359_907515595_n.jpg.063aad2e481f37d6978a735a80dee496.jpg

Bertil Wiklander standing fifth from the left on the first row

Excellent job Congrats

19 hours ago, JohanH said:

Another one.

This time with Order of Vasa, Austrian Red cross and Prussian Red Cross 3rd class. 

Mini Preussen Front.JPG

Interesting combination Nice mini bar

• 1 month later...

Hello again,

Here is my largest mini bar collection for one person - Eric Allan Winge - that took part in the Finnish civil war 1918 and the Winter war.

/Stefan

2008_5554_b.jpg

Edited by Stefan

6 hours ago, Stefan said:

Hello again,

Here is my largest mini bar collection for one person - Eric Allan Winge - that took part in the Finnish civil war 1918 and the Winter war.

/Stefan

2008_5554_b.jpg

Very impressive