News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ukrainian war medals

On 30/12/2023 at 19:10, Rocket said:

Ura87,

Do you have any information on this particular medal called the "Defender of Ukraine" medal? Who issues the medal? What are the award eligibility requirements? 

The medal and the ribbon with the gold gilt is beautiful!

Thanks.

John 

Ukraine Medal - Defender of Ukraine.JPG

Hi. Initially, it was a commercial medal, but later the design of the medal was used for the "Defender of Ukraine" medal of the Ministry of Defense. Recently, the design was changed again and now it has a different look.

re28052_img_002.jpg

58_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

I'm happy to annouce that the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington DC has informed us that our son, Andrew Peters, has been posthumously awarded the "Order of Courage, III Class" for his service and selfless sacrifice. Once we receive the medal, I'll post a picture. 

John

Andrew - Ukraine White Camo.jpeg

Ura87,

I've been in contact with the family of another fallen legion member. I mentioned Andrew being awarded the Order of Courage, III Class. The family said their son was awarded this medal...but they didn't know the name of it. Can you help identify this medal so I can relay the information to the family?

Thanks.

John

Ukraine Medal - Unknown.jpeg

On 05/03/2024 at 01:29, Rocket said:

Ura87,

I've been in contact with the family of another fallen legion member. I mentioned Andrew being awarded the Order of Courage, III Class. The family said their son was awarded this medal...but they didn't know the name of it. Can you help identify this medal so I can relay the information to the family?

Thanks.

John

Ukraine Medal - Unknown.jpeg

This is the medal of the Main Directorate of Intelligence "For Courage in the Performance of Special Tasks".

3 hours ago, Ura87 said:

This is the medal of the Main Directorate of Intelligence "For Courage in the Performance of Special Tasks".

Thanks Ura87...I'll relay this information to the family.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Good looking medal. Read the article but am puzzled as to who gets Class 1 and who gets Class 2. Any thoughts?

Thanks for sharing, Ura.

11 minutes ago, Megan said:

Good looking medal. Read the article but am puzzled as to who gets Class 1 and who gets Class 2. Any thoughts?

Thanks for sharing, Ura.

1 class - military 2nd - civilians: https://nikvesti.com/ua/news/photoreportage/mer-senkovich-pochesni-vidznaki-oborona-mykolaeva-viiskovosluzhbovtsiam-rodicham-volonteram-pratsivnikam-sluzhb-ua