News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ukrainian war medals

On 20/08/2022 at 22:12, Megan said:

Thank you... I try to record everything that looks like a medal because in the future the information as to what's official and what's not may be unavailable.

As for the one you show above, I found something almost identical that was named Medal "Patriot of Independent Ukraine" - Медаль «Патріот Незалежної України»

medal patriot of independent ukraine.jpg

Maybe more tomorrow, dearly beloved has got the beer out!

:beer:

I know this medal with different ribbon.

2296662816_w640_h640_medal-patriotu-nezalezhnoyi.jpg

post-39807-0-34770200-1454874396_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ura87

Will there be a medal that those who helped in the logistics chain for Ukraine, but didn't actually enter the country would qualify for? I helped bring humanitarian aid from Western Europe as far as Warsaw as a civilian volunteer and it'd be interesting to know if I qualify for anything!

On 9/15/2022 at 12:37 PM, Zulu_00 said:

Will there be a medal that those who helped in the logistics chain for Ukraine, but didn't actually enter the country would qualify for? I helped bring humanitarian aid from Western Europe as far as Warsaw as a civilian volunteer and it'd be interesting to know if I qualify for anything!

It depends on the organization you worked for. They can ask for an award from the state or a public organization. Foreigners can receive the "For the Defense of Ukraine" medal.

2 hours ago, Ura87 said:

It depends on the organization you worked for. They can ask for an award from the state or a public organization. Foreigners can receive the "For the Defense of Ukraine" medal.

It was done through Yes Theory but completely voluntary. What would the application process be?

• 3 weeks later...

Sovereign Military Order of Malta Campaign Medal with 'UKRAINE' Clasp for those volunteers who helped with refugee aid in Poland (and I presume Romania and Moldova). The Order is an oddity. It's a sovereign entity under international law so is actually its own country. Therefore this is an official national medal. 

received_505802264323747.jpeg

Edited by Zulu_00

• 3 weeks later...
    On 24/10/2022 at 01:15, Zulu_00 said:

Any more updates on these? Especially the Medal for the Defence of Ukraine?

The medal "For the Defense of Ukraine" has not even been ordered at the Mint yet.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge of Ukrainian military awards.

I have a question. I have a family member who's currently serving with the International Legion for the Defense of Ukraine. What medals or awards might he be eligible for? The medal for military service to Ukraine?

On 04/12/2022 at 21:59, Rocket said:

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge of Ukrainian military awards.

I have a question. I have a family member who's currently serving with the International Legion for the Defense of Ukraine. What medals or awards might he be eligible for? The medal for military service to Ukraine?

Hi. The medal for military service to Ukraine it's something like US Bronze Star. I would say he will receive Medal "For the Defense of Ukraine", after the war it can be some commemorative medal, maybe will be established special medal for volunteers, I don't know yet.

58 minutes ago, Ura87 said:

Hi. The medal for military service to Ukraine it's something like US Bronze Star. I would say he will receive Medal "For the Defense of Ukraine", after the war it can be some commemorative medal, maybe will be established special medal for volunteers, I don't know yet.

Thank you for the information...I greatly appreciate it! :)