News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Assmann EK1

• 4 months later...
    On 19/09/2022 at 23:08, Droocoo said:

I have been informed that the A is an assembler’s mark

I agree this "A" is not an actual maker's signature. This would rather be a cross made by one of the Berlin jewelers that were involved as official suppliers of award type crosses, but there's no way to know...

Yes, most unlikely that a manufacturer like Assmann would hide their maker's mark underneath the pin in that way. Their ornate 'A' would have been placed central on the obverse of the cross for sure. But can anyone confirm that they actually produced EKIs ? I'm uncertain.

Edited by Peter Cornwell

14 hours ago, saschaw said:

I agree this "A" is not an actual maker's signature. This would rather be a cross made by one of the Berlin jewelers that were involved as official suppliers of award type crosses, but there's no way to know...

Good point

On 11/02/2023 at 09:45, Peter Cornwell said:

But can anyone confirm that they actually produced EKIs ? I'm uncertain.

I cannot find them mentioned as official EK2 makers in mid-1916, and they certainly were no early suppliers of 1st class crosses, because all these came from five Berlin jewelers until the end of 1916. They were a supposed maker of 1930s private purchase crosses, but then, these look completely different...

1 hour ago, saschaw said:

I cannot find them mentioned as official EK2 makers in mid-1916, and they certainly were no early suppliers of 1st class crosses, because all these came from five Berlin jewelers until the end of 1916. They were a supposed maker of 1930s private purchase crosses, but then, these look completely different...

Agree