News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Grenadier Guards Camp Colors

I picked these up because I thought they were beautiful but I'd love to know more about them.

Each is about 22" x 17". Camp colors from the grenadier Guards. 23rd and 25th Company. This is what I've read, from here:

The company badges, or devices, are also used on small crimson flags used as markers on the parade ground, carried by a Colour Sergeant. They are known as Camp Flags or Camp Colours having been used in the old days as signs to indicate the different companies when camp had been set up. These are made of crimson French silk, 21 inches by 17 inches (53cm x 43cm). 

These examples are supposedly from the reign of Edward VII 1901-1910. Does that sound correct?

Anyway I would be grateful for any more information. I don't see any others for sale so I have no idea of the value either.

IMG_4773.jpeg

IMG_4774.jpeg

IMG_4775.jpeg

IMG_4776.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Streptile,

i can’t add much but i agree with you.

They are the company colours for the 23rd & 25th GG’s.

? ERII’s below.BBD4DD2F-EBE8-4C93-AD2B-EC4A967AFFD0.jpeg.25727e6f6c76e871a4a91cbfa83ba97e.jpeg

A3C187D4-6A21-40A2-84B4-4BFC079B8240.jpeg.9ee03e5fd006e69b6517cfca9ef9fa69.jpeg

?‍♂️ I don't know if there is supposed to be a difference between the Kings crowns but it seems the Edward vii crown often has the ‘softer’, less angular sides as seen in your pictures.

Price wise, not a clue!

tony

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...

I think 25th Company was in the Third Battalion of the Grenadier Guards in c. 1900.

Can anyone tell me if 23rd Company was also in Third Battalion at the same time?

Having a hard time finding this information.

Thank you in advance for any help.