News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Military merit cross with small decoration, original or not?

Carlo

Hello everyone, I recently got this military merit cross with small decoration, but I have some doubts about the authenticity of the small decoration.

The cross itself seems 100% original to me, but the small decoration doesn't convince me, it measures 13mm at its widest point, and is applied to the ribbon with two folded clasps on the back of the ribbon.

The small decoration seems original too, but it's really small, all the others I've seen are bigger than this one.

Any help from the more experienced is greatly appreciated!

Carlo

Screenshot (125).png

Screenshot (127).png

Screenshot (126).png

Screenshot (128).png

18 minutes ago, Christian1962 said:

In my opinion the miniature cross is a device for a ribbon bar.

"Kleine Dekoration" had other measures, like here on the attached pic.

Regards

Christian

0026-MVK III. Kl. mit Kleindekoration I. Kl. + KD + Schw..jpg

I think Christian is correct, the device looks to be too small.

Kind regards,

Sandro

4 hours ago, Christian1962 said:

In my opinion the miniature cross is a device for a ribbon bar.

"Kleine Dekoration" had other measures, like here on the attached pic.

Regards

Christian

0026-MVK III. Kl. mit Kleindekoration I. Kl. + KD + Schw..jpg

I was thinking the same, it's too small.

1 hour ago, Triadoro said:

Hello.  The miniature on your ribbon was mass produced by the Magyar Álami Pénzverde (the Hungarian State Mint) from 1920 to 1944 for recipients of "Elmaradt Kitüntetések". 

These miniatures were mounted on the ribbon of the Hungarian Signum Laudis and were officially awarded with a Hungarian Signum Laudis by the Honvédelmi Miniszterium to Hungarian officers who could prove they were entitled to receive the öMVK3mKD during WW1 but did not receive it because the War was nearing an end.  Their commanders had more important tasks to deal with other than processing awards as the Empire was about to collapse.  

The MVK3mKD was not the only miniature produced by the Hungarian Mint for awarding "Elmaradt Kitüntetések."  Miniatures of the Austrian silver and bronze Signum Laudis, Gold and Silver Merit Cross, Franz Josef Order, Iron Crown Order, and Leopold Order were also produced and officially awarded after the War.

Here are some photos of "Elmaradt Kitüntetések" mounted on Hungarian Signum Laudis ribbons.         

El.Kit. 1.jpg

El.Kit. 2.jpg

E.Kit. 3.jpg

El.Kit 4.jpg

El.Kit. 5.jpg

El.Kit. 6.jpg

El.Kit. 7.jpeg

El.Kit. 8.jpg

Signum MVK3.jpg

Thanks a lot!! This is something I didn't know and it explains a few things I've seen in the past. Thank you so much again for this very useful information!!!!