News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lincolnshire Police Chief Constable's Commendation and Star

Hello All= I am seeking any information on and particularly images of the Lincolnshire Police Chief Constable's Ceommendation and Star award.This is awarded for Bravery or Outstanding Operational Achievements, and takes the form of a parchment Certificate of Commedation and a four-pointed embroidered badge worn on the lower left tunic sleeve.

All I can find is a very low quality image on the internet but it is too low a resolution to be meaningful.

Any info most welcome!

David dpk@iinet.net.au

2021-12-10-phil-mcallister cropped.jpg

11 hours ago, dpk said:

Hello All= I am seeking any information on and particularly images of the Lincolnshire Police Chief Constable's Ceommendation and Star award.This is awarded for Bravery or Outstanding Operational Achievements, and takes the form of a parchment Certificate of Commedation and a four-pointed embroidered badge worn on the lower left tunic sleeve.

All I can find is a very low quality image on the internet but it is too low a resolution to be meaningful.

Any info most welcome!

David dpk@iinet.net.au

cant help unfortunately, but didnt West Mids do something like this too at some point?

There were several similar style badges issued by various UK police forces- usually for acts of bravery where it was not sufficient for something like the KPM, and when the force didn't have a bravery medal to award. Examples are the 1867 Birkenhead BoroughPolice Merit Badge usually awarded for bravery (I don't have an image), and the Devon & Cornwall Constabulary Chief Constable's Commendation Star, image attached below. There were likely other similar awards, all of which I would love to collect! 

Devon & Cornwall Merit badge Finbow close.jpg

On 18/04/2023 at 13:28, dpk said:

There were several similar style badges issued by various UK police forces- usually for acts of bravery where it was not sufficient for something like the KPM, and when the force didn't have a bravery medal to award. Examples are the 1867 Birkenhead BoroughPolice Merit Badge usually awarded for bravery (I don't have an image), and the Devon & Cornwall Constabulary Chief Constable's Commendation Star, image attached below. There were likely other similar awards, all of which I would love to collect! 

Devon & Cornwall Merit badge Finbow close.jpg

Very interesting, thanks for sharing 👍.

• 3 months later...
    • 4 months later...
    On 17/04/2023 at 05:56, dpk said:

Any info most welcome!

David dpk@iinet.net.au

Another example this one to West Midlands Police. I assume this badge would also be worn on the sleeve? Of particular interest might be the retrospective date of this award!!! 

IMG_1112.jpeg

In today's policing world, the recipient will wear the badge any where they like- depnding on the day, the mood, the atmosphere. Are there alternate badge colours for members to choose? Perhaps multicolours to express certain woke causes etc? If the Police authorities insist on the dull white and grey badges, will offended recipients go out in protest? Or demand compensation for the mental anguish this causes?

Oh, the good old days....

The trouble with the that expression is that todays new officers will look back on today and say 'They were the good old days!'. Heaven help them.