News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Gentlemen, 

I would like to present a Bavarian civilian bar that I purchased recently.image.thumb.jpeg.67fc185fb6b76bb8835ce5a98905ae50.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.64066cec2755515492e9c37c8950de93.jpeg

1.König-Ludwig-Kreuz 1916

2.Silberne Zivilverdienstmedaille

3.Luitpoldkreuz 40 Jahre im Staats- und Gemeindedienst

4.Silberne Medaille des Verdienstordens vom Heiligen Michael

5.Sachsen Ehrenkreuz (Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen) 1876

6.Fürstlicher Hausorden von Hohenzollern Silberne Verdienstmedaille 

7.Franz Joseph Orden Silbernes Verdienstkreuz mit Krone with repair.

Zivilverdienstmedaille is probable a late awarded one as only S is seen from LOSCH:

image.thumb.jpeg.bbc9597958a0c5e2610f90255784a69a.jpeg

I was trying to search him in Hof- und Staatshandbuch des Königreichs Bayern 1914, but so far no success. 

I am not sure if there are later Bavarian Hof- und Staatshandbuch and will be very grateful if anyone could suggest how else could search him. 

Thank you in advance, 

Lucky

Thank you, was really happy to see this tiny "S"!

Probably one of the reason could not find him in Hof- und Staatshandbuch des Königreichs Bayern 1914 is that most/part of awards could have been awarded during the war period.

May be will have some luck at some point finding him.

• 2 months later...
    On 25/05/2023 at 22:04, LuckySlevin said:

Probably one of the reason could not find him (...) is that most/part of awards could have been awarded during the war period.

While they technically could have been awarded during the war, I think that's very unlikely. The only apparent war decoration is the König-Ludwig-Kreuz, and I'm confident most others had already been awarded earlier than 1914. After all, this bar represents a four-decade-long career!

What's noteworthy as well is the tailor's tag on the reverse. Max Küst from Berlin? That's far from the wearer's Bavarian home - and I wonder if it might be a clue! Still no idea, though, where to look for such a civilian if not in the Bavarian Hof- und Staatshandbuch...

By the way, the Princely Hohenzollern decoration could, from the pictures, be either a Silberne Verdienstmedaille or a Goldene Ehrenmedaille ! It's really difficult if not impossible to distinguish their usual thin galvanic gold layer from a nice "golden" silver patina.