News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Need Help to identify a emailled cross

Hello all, today i Had a really nice Photo haul. 

Can someone identife the emailled cross next tonthe Iron Cross in this officers chest? Oh His Pickelhaube He Had the Number 78

Thank You so much 

IMG_20230610_164636.jpg

The only "78" recipient I know of is Georg Brehme, born in Möhrenbach, Amt Gehren, Fürstentum Schwarzburg-Sondershausen. He received the SEK3X as a Leutnant der Landwehr in LIR 78.

The only other 78er was from FAR 78, but an artillery officer would not have a spiked Pickelhaube.

BTW, Gerhard Jordan's SEK3X was awarded as a Hptm.d.L. and commander of the 5. Art.Mun.Kol. des XI.Armeekorps. He was Domänenpächter of the Fürstliche Schwarzburgische Domäne Griesheim.

1 hour ago, Dave Danner said:

The only "78" recipient I know of is Georg Brehme, born in Möhrenbach, Amt Gehren, Fürstentum Schwarzburg-Sondershausen. He received the SEK3X as a Leutnant der Landwehr in LIR 78.

The only other 78er was from FAR 78, but an artillery officer would not have a spiked Pickelhaube.

BTW, Gerhard Jordan's SEK3X was awarded as a Hptm.d.L. and commander of the 5. Art.Mun.Kol. des XI.Armeekorps. He was Domänenpächter of the Fürstliche Schwarzburgische Domäne Griesheim.

Wow thats amazing! So You Think this is Leutnant Brehme?

Seems likely, though I can't say for certain. People did change units. But since he's wearing the actual medals, the photo was probably taken to commemorate their awards, so likely taken right around the time of award and thus likely the same unit.

On 13/06/2023 at 00:22, Dave Danner said:

Seems likely, though I can't say for certain. People did change units. But since he's wearing the actual medals, the photo was probably taken to commemorate their awards, so likely taken right around the time of award and thus likely the same unit.

Thank You very much