News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some Canadian and other British Empire Cap Badges

Hi gents,

I have quite a few Canadian and Commonwealth cap badges and metal insignia that I will be posting on this post for your opinions. Any ideas as to dates of badges (all are King's crown) and info on the specific regiments are welcome. Here is my favourite, my home provinces own Rocky Mountain Rangers. I love the ram on the badge and I had an opportunity to buy the silver version, but I missed out by a week! Oh well, here is my copper version.

• Replies 83
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another of my favourites, the Canadian Armoured Corps cap badge. This one only has a little bit of the silver finish left. Is this a WW1 badge or ww2? Is there any way to tell? Any advice on this is great and will be very helpful.

;)

Pat

Here is my only New Zealand WW2 cap badge. It is from the "3rd (Auck) Regiment N.Z. Infantry" . I'm pretty sure it is ww2 but it might be earlier. Any ideas on this are welcome. Any other New Zealand cap badges out there?

Pat

Next up is a Wentworth Regiment Cap badge. It is a two colour design and I like the maple leafs around the horn. Again, not sure if it is ww2 or ww1, but I assume it's ww2. Any experts able to tell?

Thanks,

Pat

Here is an unknown badge which I believe is a Commonwealth cap badge as it is made with similar characteristics (copper stamped, same pin set-up). Unfortunately, there are no markings at all, only lightning bolts and a Roman style helmet in the center. Any ideas on this unique cap badge?

Pat

Next up is a Wentworth Regiment Cap badge. It is a two colour design and I like the maple leafs around the horn. Again, not sure if it is ww2 or ww1, but I assume it's ww2. Any experts able to tell?

Thanks,

Pat

Pat,

That cap badge is for the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry, in Wentworth County, Ontario, and I believe it is a WW2 issue.

Cheers,

James

Edited by JamesM

and the back of this Roman helmet badge, anybody recognize this badge?

From the general shape, I suspect that it's Dutch.

I don't speak Dutch, but I think it may be Signals. Here's a link to a page on Dutch badges Dutch badges

Wikipedia lists the "Regiment Verbindings-troepen" as Signals.

Edited by Michael Johnson

Hi fellow cap badge lovers,

Here is a strange one for you, a Scottish sporran badge! It doesn't have any markings so if anyone can identify the regiment that would be great. It is about 2-3 times the size of a cap badge and with all the thistles I would say it is Scottish. Is this ww1 or ww2? Any other sporran badges out there?

Later,

Pat

Next up we have an absolutely pristine British Empire Service League Canadian Legion cap badge. This is a beautiful painted cap badge and one of my favourites. This is ww2 issue I believe, before it was called the Royal Canadian Legion. Anybody else have one to share?

Pat

Another one for today, what I believe is a ww1 Canadian artillery badge. If anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, please do. It seems older than my other ww2 cap badges. Hope you enjoy.

Pat

and the back of the ww1 Canadian artillery badge (again, correct me if I am mistaken). Any thoughts on these cap badges or some of yours of the same type to share?

Thanks,

Pat

Pat

"Verbindings" is a Dutch word and means "connecting, joining together..." and so on, so Michael's "Communications" is a good guess.

Not an expert, but most of theses badges are almosr certainly WWII - War One would be "CEF" numbered battalion badges rather than named "..... Regiment"

My tuppence worth! :P

Peter

Here is a strange one for you, a Scottish sporran badge! It doesn't have any markings so if anyone can identify the regiment that would be great. It is about 2-3 times the size of a cap badge and with all the thistles I would say it is Scottish.

Pat

I don't think this is A Canadian or British Scottish regiment - the center device is very odd indeed. Size sounds like a sporran or plaid badge but it could easily be a militia or (even more likely IMHO) a cadet corps or civilian pipe band- many of them have less common devices (like this suit of armour).

My tuppence 'orth. Anyone else?

Peter

Thanks Peter,

A hard one to pin down for sure, the sporran badge. Hopefully someone else can let us know what they think. I am just going to keep rolling here with some more ww2 Canadian cap badges. These are the more broader badges, not the specific regiment badges. Please leave some comments or post yours also if you have the same one. First up is a Royal Canadian Corps of Signals.

Pat

Next up we have a Royal Canadian Army Service Corps ww2 cap badge. I recently found a whole bunch of pins for these badges so you'll be happy to know they all have original pins now.

Pat