News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Oldenburg Honor Cross of the House and Merit Order (question)

• 3 weeks later...

I would appriciate sharper pictures of the front and back middle section. You are right those are faked pretty heavily. There are more fakes than originals around by at least 10 times.

Is it really blackend or might it be just some dark patina? It could be of course a 2. Class with a heavy dark patina. You can see some of those from time to time. From the design it is (or should imitate in case of a fake) the design of Bernhard Knauer, Oldenburg and was awarded since ca. 1900 till the end.

There are some good fakes of those around so i dont want to give a final answer before seeing better pictures of the details.

Greetings from Oldenburg

16 hours ago, Edelweiß21 said:

I would appriciate sharper pictures of the front and back middle section. You are right those are faked pretty heavily. There are more fakes than originals around by at least 10 times.

Here are the details of the center. 

OEK_front_detail.png

OEK_reverse_detail.png

Edited by Giannis S.

Thanks for the new pictures! In the marked spots is it really like that? Like on the top marking the fine lines just stop and its one plain area? On the bottom its really looking like a fence? And on the cross there are no points except for the bottom and they are a little not really sharp?

If thats the case its sadly not an original piece. But the pictures are just a little bit blurred in exactly that area. So i just want to be sure.

Greetings.

OEK_reverse_detail.png.8d8f836b6640d6c5336fd350c1eca2cb.png

12 hours ago, Edelweiß21 said:

Thanks for the new pictures! In the marked spots is it really like that? Like on the top marking the fine lines just stop and its one plain area? On the bottom its really looking like a fence? And on the cross there are no points except for the bottom and they are a little not really sharp?

If thats the case its sadly not an original piece. But the pictures are just a little bit blurred in exactly that area. So i just want to be sure.

Greetings.

On the left side of the shield, the fine lines continue and there is not plain area. Same on the bottom, no "fence". Also beneath the cross/sword, there are horizontal lines. I will try to take more clear pictures.

18 hours ago, Giannis S. said:

On the left side of the shield, the fine lines continue and there is not plain area. Same on the bottom, no "fence". Also beneath the cross/sword, there are horizontal lines. I will try to take more clear pictures.

Thank you! I am sorry if i appear stubborn about it, but those crosses are faked for so many years and there are some really good fakes around. So i want to be sure if i say something.

Greetings

8 hours ago, Stogieman said:

This one on eBay now 

IMG_1618.png

IMG_1619.png

I have seen this. But I have doubts about the seller. He has sold pilot badges for $150, 1870 Grand Cross of the Iron Cross for $300, etc.

Edited by Giannis S.