News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

HANS VON SEEKT MEDAL BAR

MAKING THIS A SEPARATE THREAD:

He's wearing a 7 place medal bar.  I make these to be:

1. IC 2nd (1914)

2. ?

3. Prussian Red Eagle 4th, with crown, w/o swords

4. Prussian Crown order 3rd w/o swords

5. Prussian officer long service cross

6. ? Some kind of China service medal?

7. Centenary Medal

70112d.jpg

• 1 month later...
    5 minutes ago, filfoster said:

I will. I doubt he did as his China medal was for a non combatant, awarded for staff work done in Germany.

He received the China Commemorative Medal (China-Denkmünze) in Steel for non-combatants in 1901. But don't forget, he was in China from 1933 to 1935, so it seems possible he received something from Chiang Kai-shek. 

23 minutes ago, Deutschritter said:

He received the China Commemorative Medal (China-Denkmünze) in Steel for non-combatants in 1901. But don't forget, he was in China from 1933 to 1935, so it seems possible he received something from Chiang Kai-shek. 

Yes, I forgot that. It seems likely. I've only found one photo of him wearing all/most of his swag, and I can't get a clear enough enlargement to make out any detail. Considering his position with Chiang, it's hard to imagine he didn't get a few gongs.

On 17/01/2024 at 22:54, filfoster said:

Considering his position with Chiang, it's hard to imagine he didn't get a few gongs.

well chaps, it appears he did; granted permission by the Führer and Reichs Chancellor permission to accept and wear the

Großkreutz des chinesischen Jade-Ordens 

dated 21 October 1936

Whether he got around to wearing it is debatable; he died a couple of months later.

Regards

Glenn