News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

15 hours ago, Stogieman said:

On eBay now, I’ve only had one over the years, what do you think?

IMG_1656.png

IMG_1655.png

15 hours ago, Stogieman said:

I have already seen such a model, not official at all...

Like this one on an old kuenker auction...

Screenshot_2023-12-18-14-48-34-796_com.android.chrome-edit.thumb.jpg.1a22851dfb1c91c027c315b636a3f989.jpg

479379q00.thumb.jpg.9ab20f96b7f6ff9b325cd2ae6f36d125.jpgblockquote widget

Edited by pinpon590

From what I was told by an experienced researcher from this site there were only 869 men's and 246 women received this decoration. So it is quite a rare one to find in original condition.

However Rick, to my eye the quality of the one you have shown at the top of the link doesn't bode well with me, I have a feeling it could be a reproduction when comparing the leaves on the side of that one with the genuine piece both you and I have held and studied.

Edited by Mike Huxley

Nice! Such a rare award. The late Rick Research used to make fun of me for some of the places I used to shop. My theory always was that even a bad dealer could get lucky and have something nice. The bar Mike showed originally came from the now defunct Manion’s auction house!