News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I agree, a mounted Ehrenkreuz is unusual but certainly not a rare piece. The other three are pretty common. A nice bar but that’s a ridiculous price IMO!

• 3 weeks later...
    On 09/04/2024 at 00:29, VtwinVince said:

Yup, completely insane price when you take in to account the damage to the White Falcon and the fact that the bar needs restoration and will therefore be messed with.

I don´t think so, because I´ve never seen one of the 25 for 1870/71 awarded knights 1st class of the White Falcon on an authentic medal bar. Beside this I only know one other bar with the absolutely scarce XX years service cross of Saxe-Weimar. Taken additionally the current marked pices of an 1870 Iron Cross 2nd class with Oak Leaves and a Red Eagle Order 4th class with smooth arms in perfect condition, the price ot that medal bar (+ ribbon bar!) wasn´t "insane" at all. In the end for me it was a singular chance and I am sure, that such a combination will not come across again for years. In a price catalogue IMHO it should get a *star* for "fancy price".

And yes, I messed with it 😱

Schilling, Oberst z. D. Ernst Friedrich Gottlob Oscar 2 Ordensschnalle a.JPG

Schilling, Oberst z. D. Ernst Friedrich Gottlob Oscar in RL 1890.jpg

Edited by Komtur

It was more like a joke about the word you choose. But, I dont get the point. IMO the Schnalle is now, how it was while being onto Mr. Schillings chest. Isn't it? If the damaged white falcon was also changes I would understand your concerns, but dont look like. 

Edited by Bernd_W

Well, thats your Opinion. Also in most cases you will never know, so value wont be affected. AFAIK restoring in this way is not deprecated in the collectors community. Might be something different when you change an award because its damaged, or there is a ribbon which was used for several awards and you replace the award to one in your opinion more fitting one without any ranklist indication or you took a damaged award to a jeweler or a dentist lab and its repaired looking like a period work.