News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

On 11/02/2024 at 12:43, Stogieman said:

This beautiful Godet bar on US eBay now, price down to $1675, offers accepted. He’s dropped price twice. Condition for its’ age is impressive 

IMG_1759.png

Is it sold? I wanted to have a quick look, but can't find it anymore, so I guess one offer was taken? 😄

1 hour ago, Preußenstolz said:

Is it sold? I wanted to have a quick look, but can't find it anymore, so I guess one offer was taken? 😄

Nope, still listed, search “German Medal”

On 18/02/2024 at 20:28, lew said:

--

image.thumb.png.45de6fef270de8abba8a161296b3083b.png

------

Now you can buy it on a german dealers site for cheap 1200€. 

No wonder prices are skyrocketing.

On 21/02/2024 at 19:26, Stogieman said:

Nope, still listed, search “German Medal”

Thank you, the issue was I had as shipping adress Germany and seller isn't shipping to Germany. 

The Ostsee Medal Bar was sold for 750,- 

The seller of these two items split them from their cases, four lots!

Albert 1, $1452 USD

Case for it brought $433 USD

2. KL Albert Commander, $1,740 USD

Case for it brought $870 USD

Seems high to me even given the current market conditions, what a shame to have split everything up.

IMG_1781.png

IMG_1782.png

IMG_1783.png

IMG_1784.png

On 11/02/2024 at 17:57, VtwinVince said:

I've been watching that one as well Rick. I still think it's way overpriced.

On 11/02/2024 at 17:57, VtwinVince said:

I've been watching that one as well Rick. I still think it's way overpriced.

On that one, I think it's a point of view. The medal bar in question was sold 2014 in an german auction house for 1,520.00 USD. So I think the seller just wants his purchasing price out, and won't go lower then that. ImO.

The seller in Germany who split up the last two AO I posted is now offering a later AO1, split from its’ case at $735 for the cross and $308 for the case! Silver gilt, marked cross and case for Scharffenburg 

IMG_1818.png

IMG_1817.png

I had a look at that one, overpriced, as usual. I think it's OK, you should see the precedence on my uncle's Feldschnallen, they would probably be dismissed as fakes today.

Very nice and rare BMVM case

image.thumb.png.7649875589a7299905b0331e8c7bb72c.png

image.thumb.png.79c709318295d9832164a76ced9b4476.png

image.thumb.png.6bcfa078b2cd7e903b662839067e5924.png

---------

A real gold piece

image.thumb.png.e790ada735fadc6495b41b9100be5c09.png

-------

A nice TWM with small enamel damage

image.thumb.png.40d35bca9d14a771eae1a0d8d0a13ba5.png

image.thumb.png.a5672aa7a2031d18cb12c3ea02d1aef0.png

Edited by lew

The BMVM case is quite rare. I’ve only had one over the years, it was in an extensive group to a Bavarian baker I bought from Detlev years ago. It was a pretty nice group, everything was cased, documents and a huge stein from the Bavarian Baking Association. Since I’ve lost my photo archives I can’t share any images. If I remember correctly I paid about $1800 for the group. The Bravery Medal was silver and in excellent condition.

A little unusual that two empty cases would show up in such short order, hope that they are not being faked now!!

Lew, it’s nice to see an Austrian Iron Crown Order, too bad it doesn’t have the ribbon. Back in my “Buy Anything in a Case” phase I had an extensive Austrian collection including a couple of these cased. Almost all of them came from Detlev. The Iron Crown gets its’ name from a small oval of iron inset in the base of the crown. The enamel work on this order is spectacular and it was one of my favorites, even more so than the Leopold Order. Thanks for sharing this piece!

The second case is also an original.
    I sold it because the market prices are currently very high 
    and I had it in my collection without a medal.
    Edited by waldo

This one on US eBay (from Australia), asking is $937 although the seller offered me a reduced price. Interesting combination and a little unusual but still overpriced.

IMG_1825.png