News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

25th Anniversary of the GPW

Hi all,

Okay, I finally broke down and got one... been driving me crazy, that empty space in the set. I always felt like this was a rather shabby way for the Soviet government to honor the vets of WWII :( . But over time, the more I looked at it, the more I began to appreciate it's design. ;):o:love: There's alot of symbolism there. I just have to keep reminding myself to get over it's rather tinny appearance. :speechless: In fact, I never got into TR tinnies either... just looked too cheap to me.

IPB Image

But this one cost me all of $3.05 including shipping so what the hey. And, if I like it in person then perhaps I'll try and pick up some more examples. They really do look rather nice... just wish they were in thick, heavy metal as that would have added an awful lot to them I think. :jumping::jumping:

Can't wait to see it in person. :cheers:

Dan

Dan,

There are a couple of different maker's of this badge. Also, there are two different award documents, one standard cardstock document and a rare hardcover document. When you get the badge please post a pic of the reverse. I wonder if thereis a maker's mark. One version does not.

Anyway, they are a nice addition to any collection. I have both examples with and with out maker's mark and the hard cover document.

Enjoy!!!

:beer: Doc

Edited by Riley1965

• 7 years later...

My little badge of the 25th anniversary of Victory with the normal document and with the rare blu document

« 25 лет победы в войне 1941-1945 »

7ot6.jpg

The Document

h1wg.jpg

Assigned to:
    майор ...... Major
    Марухин ...... Marukhin
    Иван ...... Ivan
    Иванович ...... Ivanovich
    Given by:
    Министерство Обороны СССР ...... Ministry of Defense of the USSR
    Маршал Советского Союза ...... Marshal of the Soviet Union