News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen,

i would appreciate some help with this badge, i received from a friend today :cheers: . It looks similar to the Military Sharpshooter badge, but this is of course not a sharpshooter but more a runner. Does someone know the name of the badge or can at least translate the inscription ("ТРЕТИИ РАЗРЯД") for me please?

Thanks in advance

Gerd

Isn't that a "Third Place" military sportsman's award? In this case, for some running event or the other?

Why haven't we ever started a sports awards thread, hmmmm?

I leave here in 32 hours, but who's counting? I'm bringing some interesting things back with me and I hope to start sharing by, maybe, Sunday.

Chuck

Isn't that a "Third Place" military sportsman's award? In this case, for some running event or the other?

Why haven't we ever started a sports awards thread, hmmmm?

I leave here in 32 hours, but who's counting? I'm bringing some interesting things back with me and I hope to start sharing by, maybe, Sunday.

Chuck

Hi chuck,

thanks, yes, thats, what i guessed as well, although i didn?t knew the class. So i assume, green enamel means third place?

Look foward to see, what you brought back :cheers:

Thanks again

Gerd

There is an entire series of this particular design, with different centers for various sports. I have seen one large display of them and several smaller displays. For someone who is interested in acquiring a large but relatively inexpensive collection, and who is sports-minded, this wouldn't be a bad theme to start out with. They display very nicely. Sometimes you see the center removed from an original and attached to something entirely unrelated. Yuck.

BTW, I think that the variation with a shooter design in the center -- standing, prone, sitting, whatever -- is for an event winner, not a military shooting qualification badge. I have a few in my shooting awards collection. And yes, I did pick up a couple of nice things in that field this trip, 2-3 badges and a tsarist watch award with an accompanying document (but not related to the watch).

You're gonna love a few of my new things.

Chuck ... 19 hours to go

"ТРЕТИЙ РАЗРЯД" - sports qualification range.

There was also:

"ВТОРОЙ РАЗРЯД" - for better results in sports then "ТРЕТИЙ РАЗРЯД"

IMHO, such badges were carried also on service uniforms by enlisted of Soviet Army in 50 years.