News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all,

I just thought I'd put my LW Beltbuckle up for display and opinions. It is very worn down but I am pretty sure it is a good original that has been worn down or overpolished. The details from the back are very sharp and it is a very light, non-magnetic piece. Any ideas on maker and originality?

Thanks alot,

Pat

Hi Pat,

I totally agree... a nice Luft with good, honest wear. I have had several of these in the past... I finally was down to a set, one in the aluminum and one that was painted blue which I believe were worn with the Luftwaffe work overalls for field crews and such... those who would refuel, rearm, maintain the aircraft, etc.

I regret having gotten rid of those, as well as a beautiful unissued Luft camo breast eagle. Should have hung onto all of them.

Very nice piece... now all you need is the belt to go with it. :P

Dan :cheers:

• 2 months later...

There's an honest LW buckle that's seen some action! Without the MM, I can't help you with the maker but it's funny how these injection molded aluminum buckles end up like this (on occasion). I currently have two that have this kind of wear to them.

Nice salty piece...thanks for showing...here's my "saltiest" one! An early R.S.S droop tail LW buckle...

Rob

[attachmentid=50319]

• 5 months later...

Nice buckle Joel! Yeah Paul: let's see yours!

I've since parted with the buckle I showed previously. It had just TOO much wear on it for me so I upgraded to the same type buckle with less wear...but I also like them with some "age" to them!

Thanks for posting!

Cheers!

Rob