News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen,

To commemorate the twentieth anniversary of the death of my uncle, Major Dr. Albrecht Ochs, I am going to reconstruct his ordensspange, which consists of the following:

1914 EK2, Ehrenkreuz fuer Frontkaempfer, Oesterreich Kriegserinnerungsmedaille, Ungarn Kriegserinnerungsmedaille, Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938, Wehrmacht Dienstauszeichnung IV Klasse, Treudienst Ehrenzeichen, Deutsch-Italienische Afrika Medaille

I have all the medals, now I need the actual spange hardware to mount them. If anyone has any good ideas as to where I could find this, or how I can make it myself, I'd be very grateful for suggestions.

I have all the medals, now I need the actual spange hardware to mount them. If anyone has any good ideas as to where I could find this, or how I can make it myself, I'd be very grateful for suggestions.

Hello,

not so easy to get spare plates :(

I think the only way is ebay - sometimes these are offered single or in groups. But beware, often they become expensive. These pieces are sought after by many collector`s to complete groups.

In the current Germany Army it is no longer common, to wear such a big "Ordensspange".

As far as I know, there is only one firm left here who mount such groups:

http://www.a-bender.de/Home.html

And although the homepage says, that they are official supplier, they do not sell decorations and accessories directly to private customers :(:(

So make it yourself or wait on ebay !!

Greetings

eitze

I have been thinking about doing the same thing for an officers headgear, uniform, etc. grouping I have. It is something I will keep as long as I live. His WW1 would be a 4 medal, but his WW2 would be a 7. Much harder to do. I am all for you doing this to honor him. If you are any good at metalworking, you may be able to make a very nice period backplate or have someone make it for you. I think that is you best bet, not too many loose backers around that size.

Dan Murphy

Thanks, gentlemen, I didn't think it would be that easy to find such a backing plate. I'll probably just make my own. Ed, I'm not sure how to take your comment. I'm producing something for my own personal display, and yes, it is a "fake" group, but not meant to deceive. Hope I'm not being overly sensitive here. On another note, could you learned experts tell me the correct mounting precedence for these medals? I have two of the major's ribbon bars, but both are clearly pretty wacky with precedence, and I'd like to get it right.