News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Real or fake? Type 2 ORB S/B

Be careful, Rick. The obverse is indeed a real one, but its stolen from the Mondvor-website. :angry: I think, Andrei will be most interested.

Beside that i don?t think, a RSFSR-Red Banner would make sense with such (non-mirror) reverse and such a mint mark. I hope, someone corrects me, if i am wrong.

Gerd

Revers of that RB is a conversion from a regular suspension order in s/n range appr. 120.000 - 180.000. Fake makers cut-off the ring on the top of the order, than they soldered fake screwpost and changed serial number. Mintmark looks real to me. To be 100% sure high-quality images are necessary...

Edited by MONDVOR

Guest Rick Research

The back and the front are also not from the same piece, which should be obvious even to anyone who does NOT know what the reverse and markings on an RSFSR Red Banner should look like.

[attachmentid=42308]

Stolen image, front and back off two different pieces presented as one...

no further comment needed on THAT :angry: seller.

Well, I wonder what will happen when someone wins and gets gouvna? I found this early this AM and just couldn't understand.... bids were at $780++ USD. Quality of the front looked great. Quality of back looked great. Number didn't add up. I posted it so quick and never realized the photos don't even match the same piece!

Has Andrei been advised this person stole his photos?

"Black dealers" often steal the pictures from our web-site to place them on EBay. Last time it was 3rd class Suvorov on suspension that belongs to my friend Eugene Rabkin. Eugene informed EBay moderators and they closed this item.

If anyone wants to look at the REAL reverse of that RSFSR RB 2nd award - here it is.

Guest Alanirvine

Wow!

Just noticed that the same seller has a Motherland 1st class, with doc, a 1st class Labor Glory and believe it or not a Red Banner #7!!

Just imagine the possibilities!

Alan

Guest Alanirvine

Andrew,

At least the #6 and #7 that I found are for sale.

$3,000 and $8,000 respectively!

:rolleyes:

It is a tough situation that I bounce back and forth on. I don't watermark my pix/scans.. but all my photos are on my?green background. Scans, well... with the flight badges, Ed is exactly right. Too often they hide what must be seen making it nearly impossible to perform correct comparative examinations/authentications.