The New Book on Research is Finally Out

I just heard yesterday that the new book concerning Soviet Research "Echoes of War: Researching Soviet Decorations" written by Paul Schmitt has just come back from the printers. While I don't have a copy in hand yet, I saw some of the proofs a couple of months ago and it looks great. It is the same high quality you would expect from the authors of "The Comprehensive Guide to Soviet Orders and Medals". Not only are there some interesting citations, there are also detailed listings of award dates and other information for numbered orders and medals. There are also a number of maps and some great photos.

If this is considered a commercial post, please delete it but I think everyone who is interested in the research will want to know about it and get one as a companion to Paul and Paul's big red book.

Gentlemen,

would anyone of you be willing to order a copy for me too? I don?t have a creditcard and i don?t want to send a cheque. I could pay the amount back with paypal (of course including all your expenses).

Any help is much appreciated.

all the best,

Gerd