News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I had the luck to be offered this fabulous Anhalt non combatants medal bar and it just arrived in todays mail. Thank you C. It is missing the Albrecht RK1, but the ring is still sewn tightly to the bar. Just beautiful! Now, does anyone happen to have a non mounted "honey bear" they would like to part with so I can complete this set?

[attachmentid=43519]

Hi Mark,

It looks very similar to my brother's bar, although it doesn't have an iron cross. If it was a junior officer, I would put the "Eisb?r" (Ritterzeichen 2. Klasse, Silber, the one shown on my brother's bar), as a NCO he would have received a Verdienstmedaille (Gold or Silver), which even rarer (to me at least).

Ciao,

Claudio

Rick

I already have the date circled on my calander. I think Ziege's is going to get expensive though.

Claudio

I already considered the "polar bear" of the Golden Merit Medal as both would be less expensive replacements. Looking at how high the loop is sewn I do not think that this was a GMM. It would not have hung even at the bottom edge. It the ring was missing completely I would go with the RK2, but as the original gilt colored ring is still there I would like to replace it with the correct level. To be honest I am not sure how I am going to replace this anyway. I peeked under the ribon and the ring is sewn to the backing almost all the way around the ring! No wonder it stayed on when the medal was removed!

Thanks everyone,

Mark

• 4 weeks later...