News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Flag

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hi Bob:

That's actually the Order of Freedom, but you knew that already :P

There was a later made - my guess c. 1980 - Order of the Flag on eBay a few weeks back, but the price was a bit too steep for my tastes ($300). The Albanian collecting community makes the Mongolian collecting community look downright crowded, so that kind of price level just does not seem to mesh with what I'd expect that decoration to bring.

That said, the Order of the Flag is on my short list of decorations I'd love to get.

Cheers,

Eric

I guess lack of numbering and thus lack of researchability is a main factor in the unpopularity... oh well, it's hard enough as it is to get good albanian items:)

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 3 months later...

hello! i HAVE COME ACCROSS THREE DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THIS ORDER OF FLAG. THE FIRST IN THE RIGHT IS THE ONE NICELY MADE MAYBE IKOM, THE OTHER TWO i DONT KNOW BUT THE OTHER TWO HAVE A FLAT BACK AND THE ONE NICELY MADE IS CONCAVIOUS

NOT 100% SURE BUT COULD BE GOLDEN PLATED

That would explain (I hope) why on recent Zeige auction somebody paid a huge sum of money for one (it was billed as being formerly owned by a senior member of the Albanian military... but without numbers/docs... that's just a "story" of course).

• 1 month later...
    • 3 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Thanx Bob.

I have a lot :ninja:

What do you want to see?

There are many pictures from my collection in Eric's book. ;)

Hi Anatoly - how about first a general overview picture of your entire Albania collection - then we can all pick and choose:)

Anything you'd like to share really.

• 10 months later...
    • 2 years later...

Just to add something new to this thread, I would like to post the pictures, obverse and reverse of a 1st type Urdhri i Flamurit in gold. It belonged to an Italian partisan and it will be auctioned tomorrow, June 11th.

I hope that the images would be good enough.

Best wishes,

Elmar Lang