News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal for the 40th Anniversary of the Labor Party of Albania

• 4 months later...

And here an award document apparently awarded to an Albanian woman.

Unfortunately, not able to find any info on this person.

What this forum needs also is somebody who can translate this:)

Hi Bob:

Great document - I need to get some award documents for my collection. If you ever pass up on any, send them my way :P

The text on the right-hand side is the same for every award document for this decoration and says for what it was awarded. I'll get a rough translation of it as soon as I can.

The left-hand section reads:

Party of Labor of Albania

Central Committee

Awards to

[recipient name]

The Order

"40 Years of the PPSh"

Tiran?, the [date]

and the rubber stamp seal of the Central Committee is stamped over:

Central Committee

of

The Party of Labor of Albania

The award was apparently given out to long-time party members and from my understanding was supposedly only to those members who were in it for 40 or so years. I've not been able to corroborate that since I have not located the original award statute (which would have been an amendment to Law 6133.

An interesting aside:

The building represented on the cover is where the PPSH got its start in November 1941. Naturally, it became a party shrine after they took power. I've also seen pictures of Hoxha's tobacco shop, Flora, which may be the same building.

Cheers,

Eric

Edited by Eric Schena

Great document - I need to get some award documents for my collection. If you ever pass up on any, send them my way :P

Great information on this booklet. It is indeed very difficult to obtain award documents... but if I'm every in the situation to pass up on one I'll certainly shoot them over to you (to be honest, doubt that there would be much more people interested in them in the first place:)).

Albanian awards are certainly a bit of an enigma!

• 1 year later...

This award was seen worn quite a bit at the funeral of uncle Enver. So fitting to show a pic of his grave (from my trip to Albania a few years ago).

Not very glamorous for such a leader!

lets look at the history of his grave. when enver hoxha died 1985 I was only 7 in the first grade. I dont remember anyone not crying when the news came that comrade hoxha was dead. he was buried at the martyrs cemetery at the place next to mother Albania statue. his letters on the grave were golden and all of us kids went to visit his grave, and kissed the letters of his name. when the communist system fell the democratic leader removed him from the martyrs cemetery and placed him on the regular cemetery (I think this was a big mistake), however there will be a time when his grave will return to the martyrs cemetery.

regards

elvis

This award was seen worn quite a bit at the funeral of uncle Enver. So fitting to show a pic of his grave (from my trip to Albania a few years ago).

• 8 months later...

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_10_2008/post-679-1222859155.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_10_2008/post-679-1222859167.jpg

Strange (rare!) variation... bigger than a lapel pin, smaller than the common medal... quite heavy... not clear why this exists!

• 11 months later...

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_10_2008/post-679-1222859155.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_10_2008/post-679-1222859167.jpg

Strange (rare!) variation... bigger than a lapel pin, smaller than the common medal... quite heavy... not clear why this exists!

Dear Bob,

Your piece is a prototyte. Exist two type of prototypes of this medal. See the attach.

No.183 is the comon medal.

No. 183/1 is a prototype silver plated.

No.183/2 is a prototype gold plated.

Regards,

Artan

• 2 weeks later...

lets look at the history of his grave. when enver hoxha died 1985 I was only 7 in the first grade. I dont remember anyone not crying when the news came that comrade hoxha was dead. he was buried at the martyrs cemetery at the place next to mother Albania statue. his letters on the grave were golden and all of us kids went to visit his grave, and kissed the letters of his name. when the communist system fell the democratic leader removed him from the martyrs cemetery and placed him on the regular cemetery (I think this was a big mistake), however there will be a time when his grave will return to the martyrs cemetery.

regards

elvis

QUOTE (Bob @ Jan 2 2008, 15:48 ) This award was seen worn quite a bit at the funeral of uncle Enver. So fitting to show a pic of his grave (from my trip to Albania a few years ago).

I see that the photo of the young partisan Enver, that was on his toombstone in 2004 when i was there is missing!

Here´s a photograph from my visit!

Greetings!

Péter

• 6 years later...