News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

So... the hype is over?

Bob

• Replies 78
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Seems like the Mongolia craze has died... hardly any posts here, items with dealers don't appear to be moving much, not much bidding on eBay, etc.

Back to obscurity?

If so, any reader, please offer me your gold hero star for sale:)

Reading back some old posts... and boy was I wrong. Having checked all major dealer sites and being frequent visitor of eBay I think the conclusion is just a different one: most if not all of the "good stuff" has found new collector homes.

Looking at major dealer sites... there's actually nothing left which sparks my interest (apart from some items on Nota Bene which sold a long time ago already). Only a few items which I'd really only buy "if the price is right" because of their beauty but not really to further my collection.

We're in a drought - and the "hype" is continuing but just for "lower end" items. The inflation on simple order of red banner, herder badge, etc. on eBay is simply staggering.

What next? (while I like the answer "research", I'll believe that when I see it!).

Guest Rick Research

I'd settle :rolleyes: for research too--

ANYTHING with numbers (no matter how "common") still has a PERSON behind it.