News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear forumites:

I am proud to introduce to you my brother's last acquisition; a single mounted white enameled cross of Oldenburg. Does somebody know what was it for? Maybe some kind of decorations for merits in industry or commerce or even a veteran sort of commemorative cross?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Ciao,

Claudio

the back is plain withe enamel - its from the champer of commerce and trade from oldenburg and was awarded between the wars.

this is the second class, the frist class is a vaulted cross in the same design but with no enamel on the reverse - but a vertical pin.

christian

found a pic of a frist class:

Edited by Christian L

I used to have one of these cased, but sold it (see below). As Christian said, it is not a Veteran piece, but a Chamber of Commerce award for merit in the industry.

BTW, this should be moved to the Weimar forum.

Edited by webr55

Can you please clarify.... for the past 8-10 years, this piece was always ID'd as a Veteran's piece. (perhaps in error).... Awarded by The Chamber of Commerce, I noted above...

But!

Awarded to whom and for what??

Can you please clarify.... for the past 8-10 years, this piece was always ID'd as a Veteran's piece. (perhaps in error).... Awarded by The Chamber of Commerce, I noted above...

But!

Awarded to whom and for what??

I am no expert for this award, but Chambers of Commerce ("Industrie- und Handelskammern") gave awards for various kinds of merit, like promoting local business or cultural affairs, this sort of thing.

I don't know if this award was maybe given to some veterans, too, for whatever merit, but it was not awarded by a veterans' organisation.