News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The research just came in for my Order of the Red Banner, T2V2. It was earned by then Senior Lieutenant Valentin Petrovich Mikheev. It was his actions during the battle for Leningrad that earned him the ORB. During a battle he was seriously wounded. He refused evacuation to the Regiment Medical Station and carried on the fight. Only after being wounded a second time was he transported to the Medical facilities.

I've attached his award citation, Service Record, etc.

Enjoy,

:beer: Doc

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Interesting to note that his personnel file "stamp" sized photo shows him in a track sweat suit!!! THAT is a first!!!

Also, if I am reading the tiny blurry scan of his 2nd page service record above, it notes his 1971 death date at the bottom.

Guest Rick Research

Yup, you lucked out. Maybe Dave has seen a death date noted after retirement on a personnel record, but I haven't.

So you have the beginning, middle, and END of this story! :beer:

Remember that everyplace it says "division" referring to an artillery unit, that is the German "Abteilung" = battalion.

Was this a lone screwback Red Banner?

Yup, you lucked out. Maybe Dave has seen a death date noted after retirement on a personnel record, but I haven't.

So you have the beginning, middle, and END of this story! :beer:

Remember that everyplace it says "division" referring to an artillery unit, that is the German "Abteilung" = battalion.

Was this a lone screwback Red Banner?

Thanks Rick!! Yes, it was a single ORB awarded according to his award card.

:beer: Doc

• 1 month later...
    • 4 years later...
    • 3 months later...