News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

OGPW 1st class-Reissue?

Hello Gentlemen,

i have this OGPW 1st class, actually my first and only one and i would like to hear the opinions of more experianced collectors, if this could be a reissue?

The reason, i ask, is that the maker mark is straight in one line, whereas the website www.soviet-screwbacks.com states, that the maker mark in this numberrange should be slightly curving down. The mm on mine is absolutely straight, as it is hopefully visible on the photos.

Also, 1st digit of the serialnumber is definately a 7? What do you think?

Thanks in advance

best,

Gerd

Andrey,

So OPWs 1st Class in the 70xxx serial number should have this straight straight mintmark? :blush:

:beer: Doc

Doc, those GPW have both curved up and curved down mintmarks as well as the straight ones. There is no distinct correlation. I can place the pictures of curved up and down mintmarks of 70.XXX range orders in the evening (I'm on my job now).

Thanks a lot, Gentlemen.

Stogie, sure i?ll get it researched. I have waited quite some time to get one of these, so i am going to get it researched of course.

I can post, whatever i want, there is allways Andrei, who can show a dozen pieces close to mine. :cheeky: Thank you for the pictures :beer: Now i know, it doesn?t depend on the mint mark.

Rick, thanks, i didn?t remember, Kremnev?s OPW 1 was close too. Makes me even more courious, what research will tell. :cheers:

Gerd