News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

This is my newest acquisition from Dave (Thank you Dave!!!! :beer: )... a Kazakh Order of Glory 3rd with research.

[attachmentid=48068]

[attachmentid=48070]

These pictures are Dave's... used with his permission.

This Order was rennumbered by the veteran as a replacement for a lost one.

Kiziatov

During offensive operations, aimed at liberating the city of Vilnus from the German invaders from 7 to 13 July 1944 Comrade Kiziatov proved to be a courageous and decisive soldier. During the street fights he inflicted heavy losses on the adversary personnel with his machine-gun, supporting his unit's movement forward. In one of the buildings a team of adversary gunners occupied an advantagious point and centered their fire on the road intersection. Comrade Idrisov, changing positions, killed German gunners with his machine-gun fire as the result of which the unit moved forward, occupying more advantageous positions. Their mission was successfully completed. Deserves to be awarded the governmental award-the Order of the Glory, 3rd degree.

Edited by Hauptman

[attachmentid=48084]

Sorry about how I had to split the one document into four pieces. It was the only way I could get it to fit. A friend did these scans and they were way too big. Tried everything I knew to make them smaller.

Edited by Hauptman

I do have one additional scan of one of the documents that was provided by Dave so I'll include this here (with his permission):

[attachmentid=48085]

I hope that somehow all this showed what was needed on this Order's research.

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Comrade Kizyatov during offensive battles for Vilnius liberation 7 July ? 13 July 1944 showed he was courageous and unwaving soldier. During streets? fights he caused great losses of enemy forces by fire of his machine-gun providing his group movement forward. An enemy?s group of submachin-gunners sitting in a building kept a crossroad. Idrisov (that is a mistake: Idris or Ildris is his name, but a person who made the application made a mistake calling him ?Idrisov?) changing his positions he killed the enemy?s submachine-gunners and as a result his group moved forward taking up advantages positions.

Deserve of awarding by Order ?Slava?

Something like this... (I am not good in translating official papers knowing 200 English words only :blush: )

Dima

Accounting card. Form 1 (given Order Book B#420784)

1. Surname - Kizyatov

2. Name - Idris

3. Nationality - Kazakh

4. Sex - male

5. Y of birth - 1917

6. Place of birth - Kolkhoz "Telman", Erkenshilinsky region, Akmolinskaya oblast

7. Party membersh. - Non-party

8. Education - Illiterate (he did not go to any school at all !!!)

9. Rank - Soldier

10. In The Red Army since July 1941 till Dec 1944

11.During awarding Machinegunner of 376 Rifle Regiment, 220 Rifle Division

12.Job - unemployed, invalid (unable) of the 2 group

13.Address: 26A, Lermontov street, Akhmolinsk, Akhmolinskaya oblast, Kazakhskaya SSR

Edited by cosinus

14. All awards:

1.Medal for Combat Servise #863933, Medal Book #205103, Order #711 RR (Rifle Regiment) of 7.4.1944

2.Order "Slava" #75677, Order Book B#420784, Order #215 RD (Rifle Division), #052/H of 30.7.1944

3.Medal for Valor #3651275, Order Book B#420784, Order #376 of RR #041/H of 25.10.1943

Edited by cosinus

Hi Dima,

WOW! :jumping::jumping: Thank you so much for all the additional information on this Glory. I had no idea he'd even been awarded those additional medals. This is great! I deeply appreciate your help on this. It adds so much to it. Sure do wish I could find those other two medals... well, stranger things have happened.

Thanks so much! :D:beer:

Dan :cheers:

Nice piece Dan :beer:

Order of Victory

Many thanks! :beer: I really love it! :love::love: And Dima's great translation added so much too it as well. I'd sure love to find those other two medals he was awarded... that would be sooooo cool! :jumping::jumping: I've listed them in the Soviet Awards Database so keeping my fingers crossed.

Well, now I have a researched group and a researched Order (hopefully one day to be reunited as a group... knock on wood.) so think I'm making some good strides in my collection of late. Hope I can keep up the momentum.

Thanks again! :cheers:

Dan

Well you are doing better than me on the reserch front, one researched order and three I am waiting to come back, and no groups :cheeky:

Good luck with the hunt for the other orders :cheers:

Order of Victory

Hey, I envy you the ones coming back. I've not put in for any... yet! But I want too sooooo bad! :P Here's hoping your's come back with some super hero stories attached! :beer: And I'm sure there are some nice groups in your future as well. :jumping::jumping:

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Since his record says he'd also received the Valor/Bravery medal and the Combat/Military medal I wanted to add one each unnumbered until such time as I "might" get lucky and be able to reunite his originals with his Glory. I know it seldom happens, but there's always that chance.

So in the meantime, as representative pieces, here's the first I've managed to acquire... an unnumbered Valor/Bravery medal:

[attachmentid=49787]

[attachmentid=49788]

I hope to find a Combat/Military medal soon for a good price.

And yes, I will make it clear to anyone viewing this Glory that the additional medals are "not" original to it and simply representative pieces used as such until such time as his originals can be reunited to make it a complete group. Just wanted to make that clear as I too worry about such things as put together groups.

Dan

Very nice Glory, Dan! I have seen another Duplicate on Dimitri Markov?s website and allways thought it to be weird with the huge stamped numbers. Now that i have seen yours, i know, its nothing unusual :beer:

And great citation :cheers:

Edited by Gerd Becker

Very nice Glory, Dan! I have seen another Duplicate on Dimitri Markov?s website and allways thought it to be weird with the huge stamped numbers. Now that i have seen yours, i know, its nothing unusual :beer:

And great citation :cheers:

Hi Gerd,

Many thanks for your compliments on this one. :beer: I just can't say enough about Dave working this one for me. It's one he liked but he felt I'd appreciate it and love it even more. :love: Thanks Dave!!!! :cheers:

So I have a single researched piece which I hope one day turns back into a group, and of course the Georgian group from Stogie which I also love beyond words. :love: thanks Rick!!!!

Of course my "ultimate" goal is to get my other pieces researched... hopefully before too long. Perhaps I'll be able to start sometime this fall or early winter if things work out okay.

Thanks! :cheers:

Dan

Edited by Hauptman