News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! Great photos. I do have a question about this... why did they not receive higher awards, subsequent to the Valor Medal. From the citations I read, there was not that much difference in the magnitude of accomplishment between a Valor Medal and other orders, like the Red Star, Order of Glory, and etc.

• 2 years later...

Gents,

Add Guards Sergeant V. S. Ippolitova to the list. She was a combat medic. Five, that's right, five Medals for Valor. She is on the left in the wartime image.

She is truly a soldier's soldier as embodied in her decision to wear nothing but her five For Valor medals on her medal bar. None of those fluff anniversary medals for her. I like it.

Regards,

slava1stclass

I think they're (the CSM) the newer type ribbon for the suspension (5 star suspension?) ribbon :) I've seen a couple around on ebay like that, just never knew that they actually wore them as such :D:)

Edited by Rogi

• 3 weeks later...