News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Russian Train or Subway medal

Hi all,

Here's a new arrival... just in today! From what I understand it's a Russian Train or Subway medal. The said they'd only seen it once on their last trip to Russia being worn by a Subway employee.

IPB Image

I think it's a beautiful award :love::love: and I'm hooked on the blue enamel and how it contrasts with the silver of the train, tracks and inscription. :love:

IPB Image

I'd love more info on this piece... if nothing else perhaps one of the members could translate the inspection. :rolleyes:

The reverse is blank by the way.

Thanks for looking! :cheers:

Dan

Hi Dan, very pretty! No clue what it is but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can help ID it for you!

Hi Stogieman,

Thanks for stopping by to check out the new acquisition. :D I agree... very pretty... she's got that certain something for sure! And I'm a sucker for enamel in the first place. :lol: It could be for best underground drainage superintendant (that's sewer inspector... straight from Ed Norton too! :lol: ) and if it was well designed and full of enamel I'd have to surrender to it's charms. :love:

Sure hope I can find out more about it at some point.

Thanks for takin' a peek. :cheers:

Dan

It says Honored Worker.

Is it possible to see the reverse?

I think that that's cold enamel.

Rusty.

Hi Rusty,

Thanks for checking her out. I think you're right on the enamel... doesn't hot enamel generally have some pattern underneath in the medal it flows into? This doesn't seem to. But it's preeeeeety all the same! :love: I just love the contrast between the silver and blue... simple but stunning. :love: Just drew me in like a siren's song. :P

Thanks for the translation. Kinda figures it would say something like that and not give more info. Those secretive Russians... just don't want to give anything away. :lol:

I'd be happy to do a pic of the back but it's just plain metal... not even a maker mark. But if it would help and you still want to see it give me a shout and I'll take one and pop it up.

Thanks for stopping by. :cheers:

Dan

I wish i got something like that for driving my trains in and out of Manchester !!

I,m in the wrong country ! :banger:

After collecting Soviet for several years I'm convinced there was a Soviet medal... well perhaps order, for changing diapers! It's about the only thing I think they haven't covered... that I know of. :rolleyes: Of course just watch... some wag will probably pull one out of the woodwork and post it now! :lol:

Kind of reminds me of the old Der Gauleiter cartoons where they'd show awards that should have been, could have been or might have been. Dearly wish I had a full set of the old DG's just for that. I've kept the several years I got way back when. Lord how I miss that! In fact, if my memory serves I think they published at least one compilation of those cartoons... sure wish I had a copy, they were sooooo funny! :lol:

Well, look at it this way... all you need to do is go to Russia as a tourist, save someone from a burning building, save a drowning person, do something to promote tourism in Russia and perhaps you'll end up being awarded the Fire and Lifesaving medals and the Order of Friendship! :cheers: Shucks... if all the Soviet collectors did that they'd never lose anyone from fires or drowning and Russia would rival Disney as the happiest place on earth as far as tourists are concerned. Perhaps we should become travel agents and start booking tours! :rolleyes:

Dan :cheers:

• 7 years later...