News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My side-collection: Actors in uniforms

Actors in films after the war

10. ) Famous Hardy Kr?ger ( 1928 -- ) playing the role of Oberleutnant Franz von Werra in the 1957 film " Einer kam durch " ( The one that got away )

11. ) Karlheinz B?hm ( 1928 -- ) as Oberleutnant D?ren in the film " Kriegsgericht " 1959

12. ) Armin Dahlen ( 1919 -- ) in the film " 08/15 " ( Second film 1955 ) he played a KC-winner

Thanks for viewing

Kind regards

Robert

Tremendously interesting Photo's, where do you get them from?

Edit, looking at the photo, isn't this a 3/4 ring RK?

I assume that most of the uniforms and regalia were actual wartime originals. Having seen "The one that got away" with Hardy Kruger it must have been a bit like re-living History.

Thanks for posting

Alex

edit, looking at the Photo, isn't this a 3/4 ring RK?

Edited by Alex K

Guest Rick Research

I'd agree that the 1930s-40s uniforms certainly seem to be REAL and not costume studio creations. And those sure look like mostly "good" items from the 1950s.

I've noticed in recent years that the once great European movie costume houses seem to have completely disposed of their stock and filmmakers aren't even TRYING to get things "right" any more.

Actually saw a made for TV movie in the 1990s about a POW in Italy where the "Wehrmacht" were completely equipped with unaltered DDR uniforms! :speechless:

Neat:

here's another famous actor in uniform:

Is this a real film :speechless1: and if so which one? I don't recall Old Ronny being a nazi soldier.

regards

Alex

Edit, the breast eagle looks Cr@p

Edited by Alex K

Tremendously interesting Photo's, where do you get them from?

Edit, looking at the photo, isn't this a 3/4 ring RK?

I assume that most of the uniforms and regalia were actual wartime originals. Having seen "The one that got away" with Hardy Kruger it must have been a bit like re-living History.

Thanks for posting

Alex

edit, looking at the Photo, isn't this a 3/4 ring RK?

Does this look like an original 3/4 loop? the breast eagle looks like its been through something?

Just re-visiting my last post.

the suspension loop seems to be oval, and just to confuse matters, is the date 1831?, or is it just my eyes? if 1831 and a repro, they may have got the numbers and side in the wrong order.

[quote name='Alex K' date='Oct 6 2008, 09:59 ' post='295398']

Is this a real film :speechless1: and if so which one? I don't recall Old Ronny being a Nazi soldier.

Alex

It's the movie where he and two other pilots escape trhough occupied Holland- A classic 1940s war flick.

About 35 years ago many uniforms were sold off by Hollywood costume warehouses. Some were original surplus uniforms (like the WW1 overcoats that sold for $50 in 1991) and most others were like this. They still show up once in a while.

there was an article in benders' magazine @ 15 years ago about this entitled "Hollywood dresses the military".

Rommels' uniform was lent to the movie company that made the "Desert Fox" with James Mason. It disappeared off the set. It's still out there somewhere and the Rommel family wants it back.

[quote name='Alex K' date='Oct 6 2008, 09:59 ' post='295398']

Is this a real film :speechless1: and if so which one? I don't recall Old Ronny being a Nazi soldier.

Alex

It's the movie where he and two other pilots escape trhough occupied Holland- A classic 1940s war flick.

About 35 years ago many uniforms were sold off by Hollywood costume warehouses. Some were original surplus uniforms (like the WW1 overcoats that sold for $50 in 1991) and most others were like this. They still show up once in a while.

there was an article in benders' magazine @ 15 years ago about this entitled "Hollywood dresses the military".

Rommels' uniform was lent to the movie company that made the "Desert Fox" with James Mason. It disappeared off the set. It's still out there somewhere and the Rommel family wants it back.

Thanks, never new about the film but did know about Rommel's uniform going AWOL

regards

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for showing :cheeky: Great display

My personal "war" movie is the the German Titanic from 1940?s

Not a movies about war but made during wartime.

Goebbles thought it would be a great idea to show a lot of Englishmen drown , but the reaction turned out to be the opposite so the movie was forbidden.

I think the director was later shot by Gestapo for critizing german soldiers.

Christer