News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

u-boatofficer - Leutnant zur See Lange - U 178

Hello,

today I want to show you a kriegsmarine tunic, belonged to the u-boat officer Leutnant zur See Lange from U 178 and U 516.

I was fortunate enough to get it last year direct from Mr. Lange, together with some photos and other kriegsmarine tunics, visor caps, u-boat leather cloths, .... :jumping:

There was one photo of Mr. Lange where he is wearing exact this tunic.

But I must replace the buttons, the stripes and the eagle, because Mr. Lange use this jacket demilitarised after the war without insignia and the gold navy buttons for visiting theaters, kino, etc.

I have found an old theatre ticket from 1950 (!) in the breast pocket of the jacket. The gold buttons and the stripes I get this year from Mr. Lange, his wife put them 1948 in an small cigarbox! What a luck for me.

Now I think it looks again like in the year 1944!

What do you think?

Regards,

Monsun

Edited by Monsun

Guest Rick Research

A nice restoration. You cannot do better than replacing the original parts that came off of this exact tunic! Bravo! :beer:

(Herr Lange is extremely fortunate to have a wife who saved his insignia and didn't throw them away!!!)

Here are some pictures of the rare "board upgrade NCO to officer"-visor cap from Leutnant zur See Lange.

His old well worn NCO visor cap (for "F?hnrich/Oberf?hnrich zur See") was 1945 on board of U 516 from a maschinist with a piece of brass upgraded to a officer cap! Look at the original "U 516 emblem"! A really piece with u-boat history!

Mr. Lange worn this cap (without the eagle) in the british POW camp 191 in Crew-Hall/Crewe Sheshire (later camp 200 Lianover Park, camp 184 Lianmartin and camp 18 Featherstone-park).

He came home at the 16. Mai 1948.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello togehter,

the story goes on...

When I visit Mr. Lange last year, I get from him this old black box. The box was very dusty, because he stands since 1945 in an old cabinet at the attic of Mr. Langes house... (please excuse, my english and the pictures are not the best)

Edited by Monsun

but then.... under the upgrade visor where another, factory new navy visor! :love::love:

The old and very well worn NCO Cap was on board of U 516 and his new visor sleeps in the box till 2005!

Edited by Monsun

• 1 year later...

Hallo Monsun,

herzlichen Gl?ckwunsch. Einfach unglaublich.

K?nntest Du bitte noch Bilder von den Abzeichen

unter "U-Boot Cap-Emblems" einstellen.

Vielen Dank und sch?ne Gr?sse

Hello Monsun,

congratulation, realy amazing.

Please be so kind post some fotos of the emblems

under the "U-Boot Cap Emblem" Topic.

Best Regards

Sto